May 2011 Moms

Just one of those days...

DS is teething, has a cold, and is still having stomach problems...needles to say, he's not sleeping well, woke up so many times last night I lost count, he was inconsolable at some point, I think I got four hours (broken up) and he is so whiny now. I'm so short fused today, I snapped at him for getting into a drawer, and on top of that I have a little girl I watch two days a week for a couple hours, and she is getting on my nerves! This makes me think twice about wanting two kids Tongue Tied Ugh, ok vent over.

Re: Just one of those days...

• Ugh, sorry :/

As for having two, the little girl would annoy you less if she was yours :)  

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Sad It's ok to have one of those days occasionally, especially after getting so little sleep. I snapped at DD for something the other day and immediately felt so bad about it that I started crying. And then today I was exhausted and really, really needed her nap time to recover, but she's got a cold and couldn't sleep well because her nose was stuffy, so she only slept about 1/2 as long as she usually does. I got her out of bed and cried. Again. And then wondered how in the world I thought I was going to handle it in a few weeks when their nap schedules most likely won't line up and I won't have any down time.

I hope your little guy starts feeling better soon, though. Those ongoing stomach problems have got to be really discouraging :-(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • imagekerrbear72:

Ugh, sorry :/

As for having two, the little girl would annoy you less if she was yours :)  

Stick out tongue You have a point! 

• imagekelly321:

Sad It's ok to have one of those days occasionally, especially after getting so little sleep. I snapped at DD for something the other day and immediately felt so bad about it that I started crying. And then today I was exhausted and really, really needed her nap time to recover, but she's got a cold and couldn't sleep well because her nose was stuffy, so she only slept about 1/2 as long as she usually does. I got her out of bed and cried. Again. And then wondered how in the world I thought I was going to handle it in a few weeks when their nap schedules most likely won't line up and I won't have any down time.

I hope your little guy starts feeling better soon, though. Those ongoing stomach problems have got to be really discouraging :-(

Yes, fortunately "those days" are rare! We are both feeling better--mood wise.

The initial adjustment period for you may be a bit difficult, but I'm sure, just like we all did with our first, you'll get the hang of it, a routine of sort, no doubt. I have a friend that had her two LOs18 mo apart, and the baby's mid day nap lined up with her toddler's (around 1 pm) you might get lucky!

• imagekelly321:

Sad It's ok to have one of those days occasionally, especially after getting so little sleep. I snapped at DD for something the other day and immediately felt so bad about it that I started crying. And then today I was exhausted and really, really needed her nap time to recover, but she's got a cold and couldn't sleep well because her nose was stuffy, so she only slept about 1/2 as long as she usually does. I got her out of bed and cried. Again. And then wondered how in the world I thought I was going to handle it in a few weeks when their nap schedules most likely won't line up and I won't have any down time.

In the beginning baby will pretty much sleep all the time so there is a good chance you will still have time to recover or in my case take a nap. Around 2 month is when Audrey and Alyssa started alternating sleeping which honestly isn't a bad thing because it means I only have to deal with one child at a time. The two screaming babies and lack of sleep super sucks but happens so rarely that it is manageable. Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"