May 2011 Moms

Just one of those days...

DS is teething, has a cold, and is still having stomach problems...needles to say, he's not sleeping well, woke up so many times last night I lost count, he was inconsolable at some point, I think I got four hours (broken up) and he is so whiny now. I'm so short fused today, I snapped at him for getting into a drawer, and on top of that I have a little girl I watch two days a week for a couple hours, and she is getting on my nerves! This makes me think twice about wanting two kids Tongue Tied Ugh, ok vent over.

Re: Just one of those days...

• Ugh, sorry :/

As for having two, the little girl would annoy you less if she was yours :)  

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Sad It's ok to have one of those days occasionally, especially after getting so little sleep. I snapped at DD for something the other day and immediately felt so bad about it that I started crying. And then today I was exhausted and really, really needed her nap time to recover, but she's got a cold and couldn't sleep well because her nose was stuffy, so she only slept about 1/2 as long as she usually does. I got her out of bed and cried. Again. And then wondered how in the world I thought I was going to handle it in a few weeks when their nap schedules most likely won't line up and I won't have any down time.

I hope your little guy starts feeling better soon, though. Those ongoing stomach problems have got to be really discouraging :-(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• image kerrbear72:

Ugh, sorry :/

As for having two, the little girl would annoy you less if she was yours :)  

Stick out tongue You have a point! 

• image kelly321:

Sad It's ok to have one of those days occasionally, especially after getting so little sleep. I snapped at DD for something the other day and immediately felt so bad about it that I started crying. And then today I was exhausted and really, really needed her nap time to recover, but she's got a cold and couldn't sleep well because her nose was stuffy, so she only slept about 1/2 as long as she usually does. I got her out of bed and cried. Again. And then wondered how in the world I thought I was going to handle it in a few weeks when their nap schedules most likely won't line up and I won't have any down time.

I hope your little guy starts feeling better soon, though. Those ongoing stomach problems have got to be really discouraging :-(

Yes, fortunately "those days" are rare! We are both feeling better--mood wise.

The initial adjustment period for you may be a bit difficult, but I'm sure, just like we all did with our first, you'll get the hang of it, a routine of sort, no doubt. I have a friend that had her two LOs18 mo apart, and the baby's mid day nap lined up with her toddler's (around 1 pm) you might get lucky!

• image kelly321:

Sad It's ok to have one of those days occasionally, especially after getting so little sleep. I snapped at DD for something the other day and immediately felt so bad about it that I started crying. And then today I was exhausted and really, really needed her nap time to recover, but she's got a cold and couldn't sleep well because her nose was stuffy, so she only slept about 1/2 as long as she usually does. I got her out of bed and cried. Again. And then wondered how in the world I thought I was going to handle it in a few weeks when their nap schedules most likely won't line up and I won't have any down time.

In the beginning baby will pretty much sleep all the time so there is a good chance you will still have time to recover or in my case take a nap. Around 2 month is when Audrey and Alyssa started alternating sleeping which honestly isn't a bad thing because it means I only have to deal with one child at a time. The two screaming babies and lack of sleep super sucks but happens so rarely that it is manageable. Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Alyssa_zps5e8eee59

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Audrey

imageimageimageimage