3rd Trimester

Induction scheduled. Bittersweet.

I had my internal today and I am at 3 cm, 70% effaced. I have been battling with them over not scheduling a c-section simply based on a "large baby" prediction, but I was technically induced with DS when my water broke and nothing had happened for 14 hours. So, I'm not altogether against inductions. I had a really great experience with DS. My OB didn't talk about a c-section, but did mention the induction at 39 weeks.

I talked about my fears with the pitocin dosages, and that I wanted to be sure that they were starting at 1, and increasing only every 45 minutes to an hour by 1-2. The OB confirmed that that is how they conduct inductions to lessen the risk of the baby going into distress and the need for an unnecessary c-section. Granted, anything can happen, but that did make me feel better.

Induction is scheduled for next Friday morning, unless he decides to come before then. I cried on the way home from all of the emotions. The two main things were that DS won't be my only little boy anymore, and everything is about to change for our family. We only have from now until next Friday to be a family of 3, so I'm hoping that we can do some fun things with DS.

The other thought was, "Holy fluck. This is really happening."

I haven't been emotional this pregnancy until now. It's all just mind blowing.

Rant over.
ETA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Induction scheduled. Bittersweet.

• Can I ask why they decided to schedule an induction at 39 weeks? Is it because they think LO is big?

They did the same thing to me when I had Z. They induced me 2 days before my due date. I had a pretty good inductions as well and I like to believe it was because my body was ready and if I would have just waited I would have been able to go on my own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMexiCali:

Can I ask why they decided to schedule an induction at 39 weeks? Is it because they think LO is big?

Yes. I went back and forth in my mind leading up to this appointment because I know that I could rightfully refuse the induction, as there is no other medical need for it. I was prepared to decline the suggested induction if my cervix was closed/only dilated to 1 and if I wasn't that far effaced. 

There is also still time to change my mind, if I do. Right now, I'm comfortable with the induction. 

• Loading the player...
  • OOOO I'm so excited for you!!  It's almost squishy time.  I can't wait to see pictures of him.  I know what you're saying about the emotions, it's tough knowing our little boys are growing into big brothers and we will have to share our attention but it's going to be awesome!  All are changes for the better.
  • imageonlymeggan:
    OOOO I'm so excited for you!!  It's almost squishy time.  I can't wait to see pictures of him.  I know what you're saying about the emotions, it's tough knowing our little boys are growing into big brothers and we will have to share our attention but it's going to be awesome!  All are changes for the better.

Jeffrey and Max are going to be awesome though!  

• imagedande2129:
    imageMexiCali:

Can I ask why they decided to schedule an induction at 39 weeks? Is it because they think LO is big?

Yes. I went back and forth in my mind leading up to this appointment because I know that I could rightfully refuse the induction, as there is no other medical need for it. I was prepared to decline the suggested induction if my cervix was closed/only dilated to 1 and if I wasn't that far effaced. 

There is also still time to change my mind, if I do. Right now, I'm comfortable with the induction. 

Of course you can and it's so hard not to. That is why I ended up with an induction with Z, at this point in your pregnancy it's almost like "why not". ...lol. I just always questions myself on why I didn't wait at least until my due date.

That is why this time I made it so it's not even an option and now I am scared out my wits knowing that it can happen at anytime.

Good Luck!

• imageMexiCali:
    imagedande2129:
    imageMexiCali:

I just always questions myself on why I didn't wait at least until my due date.

I think that I follow through with the induction, that thought will always be there for me as well.

I wish all inside babies came with a guaranteed date of arrival ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"