TTC After a Loss

hcg trigger, hpt, and hcg levels...

Okay so I stalk most of the time and don't post often but I do have a very real question and want to know...

Quick background... been ttc #4 for just shy of 4 years now and have had two close calls recently... We have tried injections which overstimulated, clomid which had zero response, and have been on letrozole with hcg trigger to get our close calls... In September we had sperm and egg meet but didn't stick; then in October we got pregnant and had positive tests and confirmed with blood work then 3 days later mc the baby...   

And now to my question... I triggered Jan 15th 10,000 units of hcg and prior to the trigger had an hcg of 0 and progesterone level of 1.6. On Jan 22nd had repeat labs progesterone is now a 37.8 and hcg was 16. If it is the trigger (because it was only 7 days past trigger) then do you think I would still get positive hpts this weekend? I am thinking of buying 3 tests and testing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday first thing in the morning. That would be 9, 10, and 11 days past trigger. Do you think that would at least let me test out the trigger to know if it's true baby or just trigger??? TIA to anyone who read this far and then commented, I really appreciate it!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hcg trigger, hpt, and hcg levels...

• imagecar seat:

1) We can't tell you if you're pregnant.

2) Most people on this board don't know about triggers.

3) We have no idea who you are.

4) This post is really f?cking annoying.  Shoo.

Yes 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecar seat:

This!

And #5 ask your dr. 

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecar seat:

This.

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • imageOttersBite:

Otters, you are on top of these PIPs lately!  Perfect!

PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I'm so glad you stalk me so much!!! Makes me feel awesome and since it's no business of yours but if you knew the WHOLE *** STORY you would know this is our last month trying for awhile... 
    TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRosiePeare:

You need to wait for a blood test. Taking HPTs post-trigger is setting yourself up for either disappointment or false hope. If you've been testing out since trigger (which you haven't) you might have a better sense of the darkness of any potential line, but not really an absolute answer.

Imagine you get a +. Won't you just worry it's false until your blood test?

Imagine you get a -. Won't you just hold onto potentially false hope until your blood test?

Trust me, I've been through this twice. Just wait. 

Thanks for actually giving me a true answer... I appreciate that! 

• imageJennifer271012:
    imagecar seat:

Yes 

I just wanted to say thank you to all the haters... I'm sorry I thought this was the TTC after a loss board which would mean at one time or another you were actually pregnant... Guess I was wrong... I figured for those who had a chemical or even just a regular mc you would know a thing or two about hcg levels and beta tests... But it's cool that I was wrong about that as well... Perhaps the fact that you are a mean person is why you cannot seem to bring another person into this world? Maybe God sees this as a sign that you will not raise a child to become and loving a grateful person, since you clearly are not!

• Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

First of all I would NEVER want to be your friend? You?re not supportive enough and I?m not sure you even know the meaning? BTW I?m not dumb and I do understand sarcasm, but maybe that side note was for the others? No one was mean to me huh? Okay call it what you want but I didn?t think it was necessary to say, ?#1 we can?t tell you if you?re pregnant? (First of all I DIDN?T ASK THAT DAMN QUESTION. ?#2 most people on this board don?t know about triggers.? (Okay that?s a valid point but I don?t know if I don?t ask) ?#3 we have no idea who you are? (UM I put info about me but I don?t know what that has to do with answering a question online? I mean really how well do any of you know each other ONLINE?!) ?#4 this post is really fcking annoying Shoo? (Like really that?s not mean at all????) ?#5 Ask a doctor? (Wow you are so smart? Why didn?t I think of that? Oh wait I did and couldn?t reach him and was able to talk to two different nurses who said conflicting information? Wow so sorry for trying to find people with possible information to break the tie)

As far as walking into a support group and asking people to tell me I?m pregnant no definitely not? NOR DID I DO THAT HERE!!! I simply asked, ?Do you think buying hpt would allow me to test out my trigger or know if it?s a true baby or just trigger?? I never once said PLEASE TELL ME I?M PREGNANT! Nor did I have some post like this: ?Could I be pregnant I have all these symptoms like sore boobs, and I?m feeling sick and throwing up? Could it be, could it be???? That I could see as annoying or trying to rub it in? So could it be if I took pictures of pregnancy tests and posted them saying is it possible??? But I didn?t do any of that? I simply asked a question about trigger/hpt and hcg levels OF WHICH I CLEARLY LABELED!!! So no I don?t feel that the responses that I consider to be mean to be necessary, but apparently y?all did and found it amusing to post.

• imagettcmbbaby:
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

First of all I would NEVER want to be your friend? You?re not supportive enough and I?m not sure you even know the meaning? BTW I?m not dumb and I do understand sarcasm, but maybe that side note was for the others? No one was mean to me huh? Okay call it what you want but I didn?t think it was necessary to say, ?#1 we can?t tell you if you?re pregnant? (First of all I DIDN?T ASK THAT DAMN QUESTION. ?#2 most people on this board don?t know about triggers.? (Okay that?s a valid point but I don?t know if I don?t ask) ?#3 we have no idea who you are? (UM I put info about me but I don?t know what that has to do with answering a question online? I mean really how well do any of you know each other ONLINE?!) ?#4 this post is really fcking annoying Shoo? (Like really that?s not mean at all????) ?#5 Ask a doctor? (Wow you are so smart? Why didn?t I think of that? Oh wait I did and couldn?t reach him and was able to talk to two different nurses who said conflicting information? Wow so sorry for trying to find people with possible information to break the tie)

As far as walking into a support group and asking people to tell me I?m pregnant no definitely not? NOR DID I DO THAT HERE!!! I simply asked, ?Do you think buying hpt would allow me to test out my trigger or know if it?s a true baby or just trigger?? I never once said PLEASE TELL ME I?M PREGNANT! Nor did I have some post like this: ?Could I be pregnant I have all these symptoms like sore boobs, and I?m feeling sick and throwing up? Could it be, could it be???? That I could see as annoying or trying to rub it in? So could it be if I took pictures of pregnancy tests and posted them saying is it possible??? But I didn?t do any of that? I simply asked a question about trigger/hpt and hcg levels OF WHICH I CLEARLY LABELED!!! So no I don?t feel that the responses that I consider to be mean to be necessary, but apparently y?all did and found it amusing to post.

holy block of text...

• imagettcmbbaby:

I just wanted to say thank you to all the haters... I'm sorry I thought this was the TTC after a loss board which would mean at one time or another you were actually pregnant... Guess I was wrong... I figured for those who had a chemical or even just a regular mc you would know a thing or two about hcg levels and beta tests... But it's cool that I was wrong about that as well... Perhaps the fact that you are a mean person is why you cannot seem to bring another person into this world? Maybe God sees this as a sign that you will not raise a child to become and loving a grateful person, since you clearly are not!

Eat shyt.

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • imagettcmbbaby:
    imageJennifer271012:
    imagecar seat:

Yes 

Wow, did you really just say that?  That is probably one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on this site.  I cannot begin to fathom how anyone would ever say that to a woman that has ever gone through a loss.  Wow.  Hmm

• imagettcmbbaby:

Seriously, go away! 

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • If I may interject a little something?   I'm mostly a lurker myself though not on very often, maybe a couple times a week for like 5 minutes maybe and to post in the lost february lovebugs forum.  I just want to say thank you to those who post those wonderfully funny pictures :]  They make me literally lol :] Another thing to OP, to say how unsupportive this place is and be a lurker is like saying your life is over because you've been ttc for a month and you don't have that positive test yet (not saying that's true about you though).  

When I came here at first back in July after my loss, everyone had my back since they've all been through it.  Like people here said, not everyone knows about trigger and all that stuff and I'm one of those people!  I didn't have a CLUE in the WORLD what it meant to have a trigger shot until reading this post.  And on top of that, going back with snide remarks towards them?  Ya, they're pissed but they have every reason in the world to be.  It's a lot better to take constructive criticism honorably than to just push it back in their faces and start a fight.  Just smile and take what they said to heart and back out without causing a fuss.

*gasp!* end rant/crazy long post!  Have a good day everyone and stay warm! 

*married June 18, 2011 to the most wonderful man ever* BFP #1 6/11/12, M/C on 7/11/12 @ 9 weeks 6 days, baby measuring at 6 weeks 2 days. We love you baby v! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"