February 2012 Moms

CP: Elective surgery

Pregnancy has done ugly things to my body haha.  I am overweight to begin with, but the skin pouch that I have on my belly is unnatural and was not like that pre-baby. I am going to need a tummy tuck one day, but I don't know if I would be able to get my nerves under control. I have never been under general anesthesia before and I am afraid I would leave my family behind over a cosmetic surgery.  

I was just reading a tummy tuck thread on the c-section board that got me wondering...

[Poll]
image"">image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CP: Elective surgery

• I said that I'd consider it, but I doubt I could afford it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't need a tummy tuck but a breast reduction would be nice.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• image preggersINschool25:
    I said that I'd consider it, but I doubt I could afford it.

me too! A girl can dream though 

• If it were free I'd love a breast lift.
    Lauren has Down syndrome and a complete AV canal heart defect

[url]WWW.MeetingLauren.blogspot.com[/url]
  • I am for sure getting a boob job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image HawkeyeJulz:

image preggersINschool25:

me too! A girl can dream though 

this for me too! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would never have anything false put in my body (no judgment for others - I just don't like the idea of plastic sitting in my chest), but I wouldn't refuse a tuck or lift if I was finished having children and had the money laying around. 
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • I chose SS because

I have considered it, SIL had a lift and tuck after she finished having kids and every time I see her I am sooooo jealous. I wish I looked like that again, like me. I told DH I was going to get it done once I was finished having kids.

However after recent events I wont do it ever. I recently in December had a surgery to remove my gallbladder. It was a disaster, things went wrong resulting in 2 additional surgeries and ALOT of pain and suffering. I spent a week in the hospital away from my baby and we are burried in hospital bills.

So I will not have a unnessessary surgery, even if I want it. I am going to have to learn to love and accept the mom body and work my butt off to make it look the way I want....although my boobs wont ever be back to where they were and the stretch marks wont go away

• I have had elective cosmetic surgery in the past (breast reduction and lift), and I would again if necessary. Once I lose the weight I gained from fertility treatments and pregnancy, we'll see where I'm at.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• I made a deal with myself/DH that if I can get back down to the weight I was at my wedding, I can get a tummy tuck.  I HATE the extra baggy skin around my tummy, but I wouldn't want to get the tuck yet, since I still have about 20-25 pounds to lose. 

• image preggersINschool25:

Same here!

• image jesse1117:
    I am for sure getting a breast reduction when I'm done with breastfeeding because I'm tired of these bazongas getting in my way all the time. It's ridiculous that I have to put on a sports bra to shave my crotch.

This is me. I guess I will see where my boobs are at when I'm done having kids, but even before my back hurt all the time. It's worse now. I can't imagine it will get better. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a breast reduction at 19 and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I plan on getting another when I'm done having kids. (poor foresight there..)
  • I put yes. I don't need a tummy tuck but when we are finished having kids, I'm getting boobs. They were really small pre-baby and I didn't mind too much. After DD, they were really awesome, really full Cs. Then they were really uneven, like a B and almost D. After weaning, they are really small again but now they are awkwardly smushy too. Ugh.