Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Important read XP

• We loved using sleep sacks with LO-- they were a lifesaver and I would highly recommend them to anyone with a NB.

That being said, I think this is fine as long as they are willing to a) send home parents with a sleep sack (as they do in the article) or b) be willing to allow blanket use, too, but still educate about the sleep sack. Some low income families may only be able to afford blankets so they should have the right to learn how to swaddle properly using a blanket instead of using a sleep sack.

I am all for anything that helps lessen SIDS risk

• imagewhyme88:

We loved using sleep sacks with LO-- they were a lifesaver and I would highly recommend them to anyone with a NB.

That being said, I think this is fine as long as they are willing to a) send home parents with a sleep sack (as they do in the article) or b) be willing to allow blanket use, too, but still educate about the sleep sack. Some low income families may only be able to afford blankets so they should have the right to learn how to swaddle properly using a blanket instead of using a sleep sack.

This is weird. This was the account I used when I got permabanned and have been logged out for weeks. I was logged into this account but it posted under the old account. TB hates me sometimes :-/

• Loading the player...
  • Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've taken care of quite a few babies, and was not a fan of sleep sacks although none of them had the swaddling part on them. I got good at swaddling and at swaddling binkies into place. Obviously, if a sleep sack reduces SIDS I would really take that into serious consideration. As soon as an infant started to roll over on his or her face while sleeping, I would stop swaddling.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used a Woombie with DS and it was brillant!

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes

I was, and still am, a big proponent of sleep sacks. DD will be 2 at the end of the month and we still use them (obviously not the swaddle ones, the toddler size that looks like a sleeping bag). Swaddling was the only way she'd sleep in the beginning. I think this is great that this hospital is using them as a matter of course. They're also super easy to use, especially in the beginning when your swaddling game leaves much to be desired! 

ETA: Oops, quote fail. Meant to quote

image whyme88:

We loved using sleep sacks with LO-- they were a lifesaver and I would highly recommend them to anyone with a NB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love sleep sacks. My DD is still using them.

When she was a newborn, we also swaddled using blankets. I think either is fine, but the sleep sacks were easier.

We didn't put anything in her crib (toys, blankets, bumpers etc) until she was over 6 months, maybe closer to 9...I don't remember exactly. Now she has a few stuffed animals, but that is it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"