June 2013 Moms

When will you start your nursery?

When do you plan on putting  together your nursery? My plan was to work on it the first week of April, at 30 weeks (spring break or this teacher!), but I am getting more and more excited to start. My bedding arrived today, and we're ordering our crib on Friday. 

Whats your plan? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
My blog-The Wino That I Know

Re: When will you start your nursery?

• Ummm...Maybe mid May? The nursery is my sewing room.  I'm acting like a toddler throwing a fit over giving it up =]
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • We are still remodeling so I guess whenever that is done. No hurry... Yet!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Ours is just a guest bedroom, no big emotional connection. I'm not sure how much is baby excitement or just redecorating excitement. 
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Probably around 30 weeks. I'm not in a hurry yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am starting the concept planning now and hope to have it all ordered by 30 weeks. I'm also wanting to have the room painted and window treatments up. That way I can spend the rest of the time arranging it an adding finishing touches.
  • Probably April or may. We have to transition DD to a big girl bed, move her to a big girl room and then get the nursery ready.

I am way behind!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Once we move our son into his regular sized bed I will start getting the nursery ready.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A few months from now.  I am going to start putting back some money and then we will buy the dressers and get it done.  Its odd, this pregnancy I am not in a hurry to get anything done.
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • We will be moving, so I have no idea. I don't even know where we will be living. It all depends on if DH gets a job offer. Ahh.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When the house is remodeled and close to being done, which I'm hoping is early May.
  • concept planning and purchases will start sometime soon hopefully. But we're moving in June, so, I won't be able to start the actual nursery? until right before the LO is born. and I am almost positive I'm going to enlist the help of my sisters to put everything together
  • We put the crib together yesterday and arranged all the furniture.  Fortunately, we already have everything and were not using any of the furniture (crib, dresser, changing table, shelves, rocker/ottoman) for anything else so it was just a matter of arranging.  I will start washing clothes, CDs, bedding, etc towards end of 3rd trimester.  We just moved to our current house this past summer and  had the movers put everything in the room.  The door has been shut for almost 6 months.  When we opened the door the other day, DS2 said "wow, what is this place?"  It was pretty funny:)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We currently live in a 2br and DD's room isn't big enough for 2 kids (yes, I know, not stellar planning, but this one was a bit unexpected).  Our lease isn't up until October, so until then, LO2 is bunking with us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Probably start painting in the next couple of weeks. That will take the most time, I think. We have our crib and other furniture already.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I have painted the nursery, we purchased the crib, dresser and bedding which is all set up. The decorating I'm going to do a little bit each paycheck. I am a teacher, too and was going to wait, but we are going on our babymoon then. It's so exciting!
  • At 24 weeks I will start cleaning out my office. We have a lot of rearranging to do before we can start painting.
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'd like to do it now, but DH refuses to paint until its warmer outside and he can open windows.  So likely early April.  The sooner the better.  Once we paint, we can get DD into her "big girl" bed.  And I'd like to do that at least 2 months before the baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemjune3881:
    I'd like to do it now, but DH refuses to paint until its warmer outside and he can open windows.nbsp; So likely early April.nbsp; The sooner the better.nbsp; Once we paint, we can get DD into her "big girl" bed.nbsp; And I'd like to do that at least 2 months before the baby.nbsp;

Just wanted to mention that if you use No VOC paint, it doesn't smell and doesn't need to off gas so no open windows needed :
  • The plan is to pick paint and get ut painted in February after we find out the gender. We will also pick out and buy furniture in February. In March my dad is visiting to help put together the furniture. After that everything will come together.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • When baby is ready for his or her own room, so maybe around the 1st birthday?  LOL.  We'll be moving at some point and DD didn't go into her room until she was 13 mo.  I'm hoping that by the time LO#2 is ready for his or her own room, DD1 will be in a toddler bed and we can just give baby 2 her crib.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've already started a registry but not really telling anyone yet. The room has started changing, the crib is built and in there but it's still surrounded by other junk we are actively going through.
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

• As soon as we move into our new house on April 1st! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Provided I don't drive my car into the house again I'd like to start with painting once we know what it is, and would like to get furniture at least ordered by mid-February.
  • We have the room painted, I am still looking at some bedding for the crib, as well as a throw rug for the room, and a couple of pillows and a cushion for the rocking chair.  The furniture will be slowly making its way up from down state, between Feb. and May.  So as soon as pieces get here will be putting them together, so that I can wash all the clothes and get things set before the baby arrives!
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since we moved DD into her new room a couple of weeks ago (opening up the nursery for this LO), we went ahead and got started.  In our case, the crib, changing table and dresser are already there, so that makes it easier. 

It's just a matter of redcorating for a boy, and we were so excited when our bedding set for him came in yesterday.   We put it all on the crib (will wash it before he is born, just wanted to see how it looked) and it looks great!

Now we need to get new curtains up, put up a decal that we ordered for the wall (when it comes in), change out the bins (we have pink and mint green ones now that we used for DD's diapers, etc.)

It's fun to see the room start to change into a little boy's room, and DD is loving her new big girl room so far!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We started painting and are having carpet put in next week (the stuff in there is BLACK).  The other stuff will probably wait for a while, but I learned from painting, that I need to go a lot slower than I'm used to and give myself a break.  I was so sore I could barely move...
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We'll start buying things for the room as soon as we know the sex. I have two very different rooms planned so I really can't do anything until then!!
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The nursery is done, the baby will get my son's room and my son will be moving into a new room.  We are in the process of getting Kieran's big boy room put together.  We painted this weekend and are thinking he'll be moved in by the beginning of February.  We wanted enough time for him to transition before the baby came.

The last time around I think my husband painted while I was on bed rest at the hospital around 33 weeks and the furniture arrived around the same time as well.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have no clue.  We set the crib up over the weekend to make sure we liked it and it wasn't damaged but I don't know when we will do the rest of the nursery. The spare room is a disaster and we may be moving in July so I am not even sure if I want to set up the nursery when we may only be living there for a month after LO is born.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I want to have the nursery completely done by March. I don't want to be huge and decorating and painting. Plus it gets really hot in our house once the weather starts to get nicer and I don't want to be sweating and huge trying to put a nursery together ;)
  • I don't know if my husband and I ever really talked about a plan, but he got really excited when he was off work around the holidays and cleared out the room and completely painted.  Then we ordered a crib over the weekend.  When I first got pregnant, in my brain I thought spring break time, but apparently, my overly excited husband had other plans. 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • imagesheacox:
    We are still remodeling so I guess whenever that is done. No hurry... Yet!

Same here. Have to move back into the master and out of the nursery first!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had to move our workout room for what will be the nursery. We repainted and added a new closet organization system. Up next is window treatments and furniture! We are just going to keep plugging away at it as much as possible.

• We are moving DS first and plan to do that late March/early April so he has a few months to adjust.  If baby #2 is another boy the nursery is done, if its a girl we will need to do some work but we were team green the first time so the walls and furniture are neutral and it will just be decorating/customizing it for a little girl.

• Probably April or May. Baby will be sharing a room with DD, so it's just a matter of painting, getting a big girl bed for DD, rearranging the furniture, that kind of thing.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • This!

DH has been itching to get things done in there for a while now. It seems like every day I come home, there is another peice of furniture moved. We dont have much nursery furniture yet, aside from a changing table, but hubby has cleared out the room and rearranged the furniture around the rest of the house.

I understand it for sure. As he isn't as involved in this part of the pregnancy, he wants to do all he can to involve himself.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My mother in law painted the nursery this past weekend....this week, DH is pulling up the carpet and hopefully the new floor will go down in the next couple of weeks.  We have the crib and bedding, and my glider already so we will probably set that up....Final touches will be made later im April/May.
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • I have no idea lol It will be after a few events, I just don't know when those events will take place:

1. after our A/S

2. After we can get a new bed (dh and I are currently on a twin....it's not going to last much longer so thats top priority)

3. After we know what our family will be buying (they said they want to buy a big item, so as soon as we know what it is (if its the crib or not) I can better prepare and will know to go get one or not.)

Me and Zech

• We have picked out the furniture and bedding and will order it next month. In February we plan to clean out our spare bedroom (we currently live in a 2 bedroom house and the spare bedroom has becoming the room we dump stuff into instead of putting it up in the attic). In March, we will paint and put new carpet down in the nursery. By April, we will hopefully have the furniture set up. Then, I can start washing blankets and clothes and putting everything in order.

We'll see if all goes according to our plan, we are major procrastinators.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"