June 2013 Moms

Figure Fading

I know I should be embracing the bigger me, but I can't.  I thought I'd be super healthy throughout my pregnancy, but I'm not.  I've exercised only a handful of times, I'm living on carbohydrates, oh and my ass has left a permanent impression in my sofa.  I'm just so disappointed in myself.

Anyone else struggling with their changing body?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Figure Fading

• Hey, that sounds just like my plan that's failing! 
    I swear I was going to start working out this week.  Then i got sick.  

I think because I know what I ended up with after my first pregnancy I'm more afraid of what will happen after this one. Trying to embrace the bump I'm coming into.  It's hard.  
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Me too. But as it starts to look much more like bump and not bloat I'm starting to feel a lot more better about myself

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Round is a shape, right? I just told my husband last night that this pregnancy seems to be giving me a "mom" body (I have an 8 year old from a previous marriage and that pregnancy didn't do it) - I'm seeing puckers and rolls in so many places that I never wanted to. Sucks! But, still so glad to be pregnant, I swear!
    TTC#2 for 13 months - 5th round of clomid did it! BFP 10/2/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh. I about had a nervous breakdown on my husband Saturday night trying to get dressed to go out to a super trendy restaurant with all of my friends. The "I'm the fattest I've ever been" conversation doesn't put you in the mood to spend quality time with friends.

I'm thrilled to be pregnant but being the heaviest I've ever been and almost 40 is a little overwhelming. Luckily my husband tells me I'm hot every day and reminds me how much he loves me and that makes it all better.

• I thought I could get away with some of my old shirts that were a little longer. Nope. So now I'm wearing my 6 maternity shirts over and over, haha.

All that to say yes, it has been an adjustment!!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• imageCEZimmer:

I know I should be embracing the bigger me, but I can't.  I thought I'd be super healthy throughout my pregnancy, but I'm not.  I've exercised only a handful of times, I'm living on carbohydrates, oh and my ass has left a permanent impression in my sofa.  I'm just so disappointed in myself.

Anyone else struggling with their changing body?

This describes me to the T. No worries. Im slowly accepting it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm struggling with this, too.  I went shopping this weekend and was seriously disappointed.  All the maternity wear I found was extremely overpriced and every damn top was striped (wtf?), and nothing else I tried on was particularly flattering.  I ended up getting a couple of flowy blouses at Marshalls, but that was it.  It's frustrating, and my husband just doesn't get it.
  • Holla. I'm mad at myself for  not being fit while pregnant, because I know it's not going to get any easier after. 
  • yes.  my belly is growing and so is my ass.  
  • Yup, I am right there with you. I was going to go to yoga twice a week and walk a few days a week. So far I've done yoga at home...once. Fail.
  • This is one benefit to being plus size, sorry you are all struggling with it.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Right there with you. I told my husband last night that I feel horrible saying it but I'm ready to be done with pregnancy just so I can start to lose weight again. I was doing so well before the BFP and it's really hard to see the scale going up now. I would be okay if it were just my belly [which H swears it is] but I feel like my arms, neck and face start plumping up too.

• imagekjcrawfor:
    yes.  my belly is growing and so is my ass.  

I went for my 20 week appointment today, and found out that I've gained 12 lbs so far... 5 lbs in the first four months, and 7 lbs in the past four weeks!!!  No wonder I feel so crappy about my figure!  I was a size 14 to begin with, so I'm no stranger to the "curvy" world, but this is just ridiculous.  I just want a true, defined bump, so I don't feel so fat (right now it looks like I had a really good holiday eating season).

• I wasn't in top shape before being pregnant but I think I was very comfortable with my body and didn't feel like I needed to lose weight. I thought I would be able to embrace my growing belly but it is harder to do than I thought it would be.....  My last post about wanting pizza is not helping...
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • What I hate is that I have continued to work out and eat healthy, and yet the scale has been steadily going upwards since I took that pregnancy test!  In fact, I have been pretty stable over the past 5 weeks, but I know it will not stay.  Even worse, I am still "ahead" according to the weight gain calculators (up 13 pounds as of today) Crying  I feel like it is totally out of my control!

Lilypie - (eoyh)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"