September 2013 Moms

Severe Constipation

Have not been able to go to the bathroom since Friday night and I am so uncomfortable. I took a sample of Citrucel that was in my prenatal bag from the OB/GYN-says may produce bowel movement in 12-72 hours. How encouraging!Ick! Any advice? I don't feel so good.

Re: Severe Constipation

• I had the same problem. 

I did a crap tone (pun intended)  of prune juice.  I've been taking Metamucil every day and I drink warm water.  Apparently it's supposed to help stimulate your guts.

Don't push too hard, you'll get 'roids. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My OB told me to take Colace (you can take it daily) and then when it gets really bad, she said I can take Miralax. I've also started mixing prune juice with my apple juice in the AM. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• I am right there with you. Just chugged some wal mucil generic metamucil lol.
  • I don't know what you are going through as I'm usually a regular person, even when pg, but here are two suggestions:

1. stool softener (it might help you go but it will deifnitley make it easier when you finally do go)

2. oatmeal - I am in the bathroom within 30 minutes after eating oatmeal! I guess its all the fiber but it does the trick!

image image image
  • Is there anything that you know makes you "go"? For me, it's coffee. I don't drink it on a regular basis (esp now that I'm pg) but one cup and I was able to poop like a normal human being. It was basically amazing.

imageimageimage

• Whatever you do, don't push too hard!  The repercussions can be very painful.

And maybe talk to your doctor about a fleets enema (you can purchase them for a couple books at CVS and give them to yourself).  And once you've cleared the current stopper keep doing some of the other gals suggestions (stool softener, fiber, prune juice). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards