Trying to Get Pregnant

Quick temp question...

Usually I temp at 7am when my alarm goes off. This morning, however, I woke up before my alarm at 6:40, so went ahead and temped then. My temp was 36.6. After hitting snooze a few times after my alarm went off, I took my temp again at 7:20 just to check, and it was 36.8. Should I stick with the first temp for my chart? My body is really starting to tick me off with all these random early wake-ups!

Re: Quick temp question...

• I would go with the first temp.  You're within 30 minutes of your normal wake-up time, so it will be fine.  The first is also more accurate since (I'm assuming) you had three hours of uninterrupted sleep before taking your temp.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imagesunlavender:
    I would go with the first temp.  You're within 30 minutes of your normal wake-up time, so it will be fine.  The first is also more accurate since (I'm assuming) you had three hours of uninterrupted sleep before taking your temp.

Thanks. That's what I thought, though it's not what I was hoping to hear since I needed a high temp today to confirm ovulation. Damn. 

• Loading the player...
  • I was having the same issue I get up in the middle of the night to pee my first chart was a bust. I now set my alarm  for 3:30am and just temp and then go pee and reset for a later time. That has seemed to work for me. Not sure if something like that would help you or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekgoldsmith1023:
    I was having the same issue I get up in the middle of the night to pee my first chart was a bust. I now set my alarm  for 3:30am and just temp and then go pee and reset for a later time. That has seemed to work for me. Not sure if something like that would help you or not.

I  may give that a try next cycle. I was doing so well in the first part of the month, and it all went downhill this past week or so. Waking up wide awake at 5am, forgetting my thermometer when sleeping at my mum's....argh. 

• I too have struggled this month, my first cycle of temping. I sleep badly anyway, but with hubby out of town Ive been sleeping really badly, Ive continued temping but it's been about an hour early the last few days, and then not always after 3 solid hours of sleep. I have lots of open circles.

Good luck for next month!

• Similar here too...this morning it was a 430am wake up, instead of the ideal 730am temp test.  And my temp was at the top end of my pre-O range. I would have thought it would have been lower, given it was earlier in the A.M.  I often wake up in the early A.M, and just take the temp as well as the OPK, since I am awake and have to pee anyway.  Only been charting 3 cycles thus far, so I wonder how much this inconsistency messes with it. :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"