Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Csection moms... How long did you wait?

Before driving? Lifting more than baby or a gallon of milk? Exercising? Feeling 100 percent back to yourself?
I had a csection with DS, but in the hospital I felt like I couldn't move the first day after and everything killed for the first week and was a very slow progression. This time I was up moving around and in the shower within 12hrs, have picked up both DD and DS by accident a few times and felt totally fine, and feel like I'm 95 percent back to fully functioning. I'm worried I'm over doing it since I haven't even hit the 2 week mark yet, but I feel good so I am not even thinking about most of the time. Is this okay? Or do I really need to force myself to slow down?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Csection moms... How long did you wait?

• This time around I bounced back a whole lot faster- mainly because I had to. Driving- last time the dr had me wait 2 weeks, this time my new dr said after a week as long as I wasn't taking the narcotic pain meds. Lifting- I tried as long as I could to not lift DD. I forgot and picked her up to put her into her carseat and I had some heavier bleeding that day. I'd say by 2 weeks I was pretty much back to normal. I'd have twinges of pain from time to time, but by 3 weeks I was 100%. I did my post partum visit with the OB at 4 weeks and he cleared me to exercise (still no crunches, squats or anything that would put pressure on the incision till after 6 weeks), resume sex and pretty much anything I would do on a day to day basis.
    imageimage
  • image LSU628:
    This time around I bounced back a whole lot faster mainly because I had to. Driving last time the dr had me wait 2 weeks, this time my new dr said after a week as long as I wasn't taking the narcotic pain meds. Lifting I tried as long as I could to not lift DD. I forgot and picked her up to put her into her carseat and I had some heavier bleeding that day. I'd say by 2 weeks I was pretty much back to normal. I'd have twinges of pain from time to time, but by 3 weeks I was 100. I did my post partum visit with the OB at 4 weeks and he cleared me to exercise still no crunches, squats or anything that would put pressure on the incision till after 6 weeks, resume sex and pretty much anything I would do on a day to day basis.
    good to know, thanks!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 11 days PP and I have not driven, but I have picked up my 15 month old and resumed normal house work.  At the end of the day, I'm usually sore and tired, but I don't feel like I've over done anything.  I am trying to take a little more time to relax. 

Also, I went shopping with my mom for a few hours today.  I can definitely tell I don't have all my stamina back, but we did ok. 

• I haven't driven yet. This is mostly due to the fact that I have had no need. However, I am still on lifting restrictions. I have broken the rules a few times, but I always get a little sore in the ab area after. So I'm milking it and making DH do all of DD's diapers.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • I've been bending and taking the stairs up and down a few times a day. I haven't thought about driving but I'm still taking narcotics. I feel pretty good most of the time.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I was driving after a week. Our LO had some health problems which required follow up appt.'s. My H took the week off of work I was in labor/in the hospital then had to return so I didn't have a choice. I started walking (per my midwife) around 3 weeks, just for 20 minutes or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drove and lifted things heavier than my baby at 2 weeks pp. I was cleared to exercise last Monday at 6 weeks pp. I was up to it earlier but didn't push it because there are still internal staples.  Don't over do it, otherwise you'll end up in a lot of pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD was in the NICU so I drove 1 week after the c-section.. just didnt take any pain meds above motrin!

• I'm going to drive on Thursday, but I'm only waiting because there are SOOOO many steps to get in and out of my house.  I'm not taking anything heavy duty either- just tylenol & motrin.  
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't drove yet & it's been 2 weeks on Monday. My pain meds are almost gone. I know it says to wait 6 weeks to resume sex but, I couldn't wait. We took it slow. I feel bad that I didn't obey doctors orders but, felt pretty comfortable, Still sore but, not over doiung it. I was going to ask others if they waited the time the dr. said or not to have sex. I think if your careful with anything you will be fine as long as your not in pain. Which isn't always easy to do.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am 4 weeks out and feeling frustrated. By 2 weeks I felt mostly ok but the last 2 weeks have been the same, I can't take super long walks without feeling it and I am very uncomfortable. I think maybe I pushed it took much and now I am taking longer to heal? Getting out of bed or off the sofa still bothers me, though I can do it, water hitting it in the shower bothers it as well. I just thought I would be feeling totally normal by 4 weeks, which I absolutely don't and I find that really frustrating as i am a very active person I can't even imagine doing more than a walk for exercise at this point and sex is totally not on the table. As far as lifting things though, I have been lifting more for the last week or so. It is more the turning and bending that gets to me. I have been driving for the last week, though the seatbelt over the incision bothers me too.
  • I had a c-section on 12/11/12 and just feeling better about one month out. I still havent driven yet although my dr said it was ok to drive about 2 wk ago. My wonderful hubby is still doing the lifting around the house . I was in intense pain up to maybe 3 wks ago.
  • Driving: I was told no driving for 2 weeks due to reaction time being slower when you have surgery

Lifting: I was told no heavy lifting until my 6 week check up... I pick up my son (10lbs) and that's about it for now...can't wait to get the go ahead to do more so I can get back to work 

Feeling 100% : Week 2 I got my energy back and feel human again lol
  • image Bellemmnm:
    I haven't drove yet & it's been 2 weeks on Monday. My pain meds are almost gone. I know it says to wait 6 weeks to resume sex but, I couldn't wait. We took it slow. I feel bad that I didn't obey doctors orders but, felt pretty comfortable, Still sore but, not over doiung it. I was going to ask others if they waited the time the dr. said or not to have sex. I think if your careful with anything you will be fine as long as your not in pain. Which isn't always easy to do.

My mw said absolutely not even if I was feeling up to it. The risk of infections is so high it wasn't worth it for me to not wait. My c-section was emergency after several hours pushing and your cervix takes 4-6 weeks to completely close again after dilating. If your c-section was scheduled and you didn't dilate at all I could see it maybe after several weeks. If my husband was so horny he couldn't wait 6 weeks until I healed after major surgery...his arse would be kicked to the curb. 

• I felt more like myself faster this time, within the 2 week mark. I didn't drive for the first time until 2 weeks 2 days. I still don't pick up my oldest if I can help it. I have him climb up on the couch or something & pick him up from there. I'm slowly exercising more each day, but I'm not going to get crazy aggressive until I get the okay at my 6 week pp appointment. 

Basically I don't want to do something that might set me back. They have the "rules" for a reason, so I'm trying my best to abide by them, but still trying to get back into normal life too. I only have so much time at home before I have to go back to work! I want to make the most of my "time off" with my baby.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I had my c-section on a Thursday and drove to the doctor the following Tuesday, I haven't really lifted anything too heavy yet but I lost a lot of blood during my section and almost needed a transfusion so I get tired VERY quickly if I do too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i'm a ftm...and had a c section...i actually felt fine before i left the hospital....and when i got home, i probably did more than i was supposed to....it was hard for me not to do anything esp since i felt ok...i didn't drive though...i waited until my 2 week check up with my ob, she cleared me to drive, but i didn't actually drive until like, 4 weeks later.... 

• Before driving? 1 week

Lifting more than baby or a gallon of milk? Doctor said I could lift 25lbs

Exercising? What's this? Wink

Feeling 100 percent back to yourself? I'm 4 weeks out and I feel about 95%, I get some discomfort in my incision once in awhile (I'm trying to only take 1 pain pill a day)

• image saturdaynightdoubletree:
    Before driving? Lifting more than baby or a gallon of milk? Exercising? Feeling 100 percent back to yourself? I had a csection with DS, but in the hospital I felt like I couldn't move the first day after and everything killed for the first week and was a very slow progression. This time I was up moving around and in the shower within 12hrs, have picked up both DD and DS by accident a few times and felt totally fine, and feel like I'm 95 percent back to fully functioning. I'm worried I'm over doing it since I haven't even hit the 2 week mark yet, but I feel good so I am not even thinking about most of the time. Is this okay? Or do I really need to force myself to slow down?

1st time: I was up the next morning showering and shuffling around. I drove to my follow appt with DD bymyself 5 days after csection and oarticipated in all xmas stuff 1 week after csection. I recovered quick and was no longer on meds once returning home.

2nd time: I was up again next morning showering yada yada went home in two days again. DD#2 was born 10/25. I went trick or treating with #1 and walked the whole time. I did try to exercise earlier than last time and it caused me to start bleeding vaginally again so I stopped. I did take meds longer this time. Due to the fact that I was much more active chasing a toddler around too. 

#1: BFP 12/17/08 My angel flew to heaven 12/23/08 #2: BFP 4/4/09 Born 12/17/09 #3: BFP 6/24/2011 My angel flew to heaven 7/3/2011 to join his/her sibling. #4 BFP 2/22/2012 Born 10/25/2012

imageimage