What are your guys' thoughts?

Harper Monroe

Ella Monroe

Paisley Monroe

Something else?

My DD is Savannah Rose. 

Que ser

Re: Harper/Ella/Paisley/idon'tknow Monroe

• I really like Paisley. I also think it goes well with your DD's name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Paisley goes great with Savannah, but I'm not a fan of your middle name choice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Harper - like

Ella - like

Paisley - dislike

Personally, I don't love the name Monroe, but I think it fits best with Harper.

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Of these I prefer Ella, then Harper. Really dislike Paisley, but to each her own. Is Monroe a family name or is it significant for any reason?
  • Paisley is a GP of mine, so it gets my vote. Harper and Ella are too popular for my taste.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ella is pretty. I do not like Harper at all, and I really do not like Paisley.
  • imageIdani:
    And Monroe I assume you are obsessed with Marilyn.nbsp; If it's family significance I think it's ok in the mn spot but still most people will think you love Marilyn.

My mom loves Marilyn Monroe and wanted to name my older sister Marilyn. She said her friends would have teased her, so she ended up using Lorelei in the MN spot, after Marilyn's character Lorelei Lee.
  • I think Monroe is okay in the MN spot.

Out of the FN you have listed I can only say I like Ella but I think it is a bit sing songish with your DD name.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageIdani:

And Monroe I assume you are obsessed with Marilyn.  If it's family significance I think it's ok in the mn spot but still most people will think you love Marilyn.

Neither.  I just like the name. 

Que ser
  • imageBCLM:
    Ella is pretty. I do not like Harper at all, and I really do not like Paisley.

Agree.
  • I like Ella the best, then Harper. Paisley is okay, but it sounds so young. I have a hard time picturing an adult woman named Paisley.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like Harper but its way to trendy for me. Paisley reminds me of toddlers and tiaras. I like Ella but its pretty popular. I like Monroe a friends DD is named this and it suits her perfectly
  • imageTristaD81:
    imageBCLM:
    Ella is pretty. I do not like Harper at all, and I really do not like Paisley.
    Agree.

Same. 

• Ella is the only one i like.

Harper is way too trendy

Paisley is just god awful/....i cant  imagine my 40 yr old self  being called paisley...makes me quiver

• I really like Harper, but it is trending upward too rapidly for me to consider it. I do think it's a very nice name. 

I'm not a fan of Paisley at all - I try and picture names that work for adults, since the baby stage only lasts for so long and I just can't picture a professional woman named Paisley.  

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • Ella Monroe. Harper is okay, but I really dislike Paisley.
  • I'm not loving any of your FN choices paired with Savannah Rose. I don't really care for the MN choice either.

FN Suggestions...

Charlotte

Clementine

Gemma

Isla

Lily

Violet

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Thank you guys for the feedback!  Paisley is off my list.  I agree--super cute for a little girl, not for a grown woman.  

Love Harper, but question it for the same reasons listed--too popular.

Love Ella, also popular, but not sure my hubby digs it.  

Back to the drawing board! 

Que ser
  • Of the three I prefer Harper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I guess Ella, but I don't really care for Ella because I'm really over it.  Harper is also very trendy, and Paisley sounds like an eternal 4-year-old to me. 

What about Summer Monroe?  Hadley Monroe?  

• imagewcvsb3b5:
    I really like Paisley. I also think it goes well with your DD's name.

100% agree!!!  I have loved Harper for many many years but don't like how popular it has gotten. Paisley is refreshing! 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Ella Monroe.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• I like Harper or Ella.
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Paisley wouldn't usually be my fist choice but I think it fits well. Ella is too overdone and though I love Harper it is also becoming too popular.
  • Harper

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"