February 2012 Moms

CP: Piercing ears

What is your opinion?  Feel free to add in the comments what age you think is appropriate.
[Poll]
image"">image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CP: Piercing ears

• Audra's ears were pierced when she was 3 months old.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Haven't done it yet, have no current plans to do it, but not for a particular reason.  I just don't care.  I also don't care if other people have their baby's ears pierced.
    Lilypie - (vjFY)image

• I dont have a strong opinion either way. But h was strongly against it at this age. So we're waiting.
    imageimage
  • I don't care either way when other mom choose to have their girls' ears pierced. Personally, I want to wait until she's old enough to ask to have it done, and then make a mom/daughter day out of it, just like my mom did for me.
  • I'm not a big fan of pierced ears on babies. When she asks, we'll get them done.
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • image megahof:
    I don't care either way when other mom choose to have their girls' ears pierced. Personally, I want to wait until she's old enough to ask to have it done, and then make a mom/daughter day out of it, just like my mom did for me.

I remember the day I got my ears pierced too. In my family the rule was that you had to be 10 before getting them pierced.  My mom took me to the mall on the morning of my 10th birthday and I felt like I had waited forever!.  It was a great memorable day, but I still think I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to get my daughter's ears pierced as a baby.

image"">image

• I'm definitely not against it, little girls with pierced ears are cute! I'm just a chicken lol. I cry every time I have to watch Anna get shots.

I was 5 when I got mine done, it's one of my earliest "mommy and me" memories and I'm looking forward to sharing that with Anna when she's older.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image megahof:
    I don't care either way when other mom choose to have their girls' ears pierced. Personally, I want to wait until she's old enough to ask to have it done, and then make a mom/daughter day out of it, just like my mom did for me.

This exactly.  DH wants to wait until she's about 13, but that's just ridiculous!  I don't think anything about it though when other mom's have their little baby's ears pierced.

Face Slaps:  2/14 Siggy Challenge:
    The 20 Best Gif Slaps Of All Time
    Lilypie - (Q6LH)

Lilypie - (XhH1)
  • image megahof:

Exactly! Save it in your back pocket to use as a reward for something she does.

• Lauren got her ears pierced at 4 months old! As soon as we got clearance from cardiology we took her. I love it!
    Lauren has Down syndrome and a complete AV canal heart defect

[url]WWW.MeetingLauren.blogspot.com[/url]
  • Believe it or not my ears are not peirced, not for any particular reason besides my dad wouldnt let me until I was 14 and by then I just didnt care anymore.

If/when Emily wants her ears peirced maybe I will get mine done with her, I am thinking when she is 6-7 or so. Just make a mommy and daughter day out of it. :)

I dont judge people that peirce their baby's ears early on, I  just think it should be her decision not mine.

• We had plans to get them done at a jewelry store that has an RN come in once a month to do it, but I backed out that morning. I hate when they have their shots (I know, who doesn't) and I looked at them that morning and thought that they looked perfect the way they were and just couldn't do it. It's very common in 's culture and my MIL was really pushing for it, so that also probably played a role in my decision not to ;) I don't judge people who do it, I just couldn't. I also love the idea of a mom-daughter day later on. 

• We didn't do it, but I would do it. If that makes sense. I don't have anything against doing it. My B and SIL live in Mexico and got their newborn's ears pierced. I think it's cute, and she didn't even notice it was happening.

BFP 4.17.13   EDD 12.29.13  Miscarriage discovered at 8w3d

BFP 10.7.13  EDD 6.20.14

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage

• Mine were done when I was six weeks old, and I'm glad... It meant that by the time I was old enough to notice or care, I didn't have to go through the whole deal of cleaning, turning, and wearing the same pair of plain studs for weeks. When I was thirteen I got a second hole added to each ear, and in college I got a third [not cartilage, just in a row]. It was still fun each time.

I have nothing against waiting, though. Just wanted to offer the perspective of someone who had theirs done as a baby. It's definitely not something I resent my parents for :]

• image Bella61811:
    Audra's ears were pierced when she was 3 months old.

Addison's were pierced as soon as I could . 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD's were pierced when she was 6 months old. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers