Hawaii Babies

Oahu support group

Any Oahu moms out there interested in starting a support group?  I'm a first time mom to be so there's a lot for me to learn!  I was thinking of maybe a walking group during the week or maybe just getting together at a local coffee shop once a week to chat?  Lemme know if anybody is interested!

Re: Oahu support group

• I would be interested! I'm due in June with my first and would love a chance to meet new/expecting moms. Keep me posted!
  • I'd be interested too. Also a first time mom, due in August!
    Kristen
    Married: May 7th, 2010
    Our Pregnancy/Baby Planning Blog Our Wedding Planning Blog Coming Soon, Baby K!!
  • Loading the player...
  • me too! i'm a FTM due in June as well!

• Great! I'm a first time mom due mid August and live in Kailua. Where does everybody else live and what are your schedules like? I am free to meet up till 11 am mon, tues, and wed, till noon on thurs, or till 2 on fridays. Maybe we can set up a breakfast meetup once a week or lunch on Friday either on the windward side or somewhere more central depending on where everybody is located. Lemme know what you think!
  • I'm in Kailua as well... I work 2 to 3 days a week and Saturdays, however my schedule during the week changes week to week unfortunately, but I'm always free on Sundays? Or if there is a weekday that works for the rest of you I'm sure I would be able to make it most of the time, might just miss a couple meetings.

• I would probably prefer doing weekdays, but I'm up for scheduling on a week to week basis and changing the days up...
  • Ok sounds good, just let me know what week!

• i live in alewa heights/nuuanu...sun and mon are my free days. but going on vacation for next two weeks so wont be able to meet up until end of february!
  • Unfortunately I'm not available Monday through Thursday due to work. But I'm available the rest of the time. I could definitely do a Friday or Sunday lunch session. I'm right outside Waikiki but am willing to do some "traveling" to meet up!
    Kristen
    Married: May 7th, 2010
    Our Pregnancy/Baby Planning Blog Our Wedding Planning Blog Coming Soon, Baby K!!
  • Anybody up for starting the meet up group this week?  Kellen, what is your schedule like this week?  Any suggestions on where to meet up?   This week I'm free Tues, Wed, Thurs for a morning/breakfast meetup or Friday until 1:30 pm.  humblebtuna, are you willing to come out to Kailua?  
  • I'm free Friday all day but will be without a car, if we are meeting in Kailua I can ride my bike! I'm am also free Sunday and will have a car so would be able to meet wherever!

• I'd love to meet everyone too. I'm a FTM due in August. I'm starting a job this week so I'm free on weekends but I'm glad to "travel" to meet up with everyone. Keep me in the loop!
  • Seems like Sunday may be the best day for most people.  How about this Sunday around mid-late morning, like 10 or 11 in Kailua?  Maybe at Morning Brew coffee shop or any other suggestions?  There's also a prenatal pilates class at Harmony Pilates in Kailua that I'm thinking of joining if anybody else is interested.  It's at 9 am on Sundays.  
  • Sunday morning is perfect for me, morning brew is fine or whole foods?

• Yea let's do whole foods. There will be something there for everybody. Maybe we can grab one of those big tables outside. Should we say meet at 10?
  • sunday at 10 sounds good

• Ok great, so we will plan on meeting on Sunday at 10 outside in the back seating area of Whole Foods for whomever wants to join. Look forward to meeting everybody! My name is Gemma btw :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"