Trying to Get Pregnant

Intro and Digital OPK question

Hello everyone! I haven't posted here before but I have been lurking for awhile. I am a SAHM to an awesome little girl who just turned 1 on the 21st of December. DH and I are ready for #2 so I started using OPKs. I used them with DD and we conceived in 2 short months! I have never used the digital before and Walmart was out of the others. I took one yesterday and got my smiley face but I didn't trust it (I was thinking O wouldn't be until Thursday but I know this can change) so I waited 4 hours and took another and it was negative. We went to town today and they had the others so I bought them and the line is darker than the one I took before I started the digital (last time I used them they slowly got darker). I used a digital with the same urine and it was also negative. So my question is...is there such thing as a false positive OPK? My cycles have currently been 30-31 days since having DD.

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

Re: Intro and Digital OPK question

• It's possible to have a positive OPK and not ovulate.  The OPK measures the amount of lutenizing hormone in your urine.  LH surges right before ovulation, however it is possible to have a LH surge and not ovulate.  This is why most women on here recommend charting your BBT along with using OPKs.  Charting your BBT can confirm that you did ovulate after your OPK.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Thanks ladies. I had some slight cramping earlier today, it lasted just a few minutes. I ordered the thermometer to start BBT and charting next month. We don't have a place that sells them where I live. I tried to BBT last year to get in the habit but kept forgetting.

The lines on the DOPK were almost the same but not quite. The control line was still a little darker. I have been testing twice a day so I think I will keep on testing and see what happens with the ones I normally use. Thanks again!

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• Loading the player...
  • I started with the digitalis, but didn't like them so I switched to a monitor.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"