October 2011 Moms

She's here...PIP

Saturday night it seemed mister was coming down with something, he even got sick. Well starting at 11pm I started throwing up too, and by 3:30am I was losing it from both ends, and by 5:30am was having contractions every few minutes. I couldn't tell if the contractions were because labor was starting or because I was so dehydrated, so I called the on call Dr and into triage I went. They gave me some fluids and anti-nausea medicine, but the contractions kept coming. When I first arrived I had progressed to a 4.5cm,  90% effaced. When they checked me again I had progressed to 5cm, so the Dr decided to admit me.

I did try and walk but at this point the contractions were kicking my tush, so I decided to go ahead and get the epidural. Well since I had been sick and I was starting to get a fever, which in turn was affecting the baby's heartbeat. They put me on oxygen, to see if that would help and also gave me Tylenol. IT didn't seemed to be working, but after awhile my fever went down and so did baby's heartbeat.

Before we knew it was time to push, I literally pushed for 2 10 second intervals before the baby's head crowned. Crazy! So at 4:24pm Evalet Maria arrived and weighed in at 8lbs 10.5oz, and was 21.5 inches long. Full head of hair and 10 fingers, 10 toes, healthy baby girl. THey  did say she was a bit bigger than she should be, so they kept checking her sugar levels, and each time they were fine. THey also had to give her some meds, because her temp went up as well, do to me having a fever.

She latched on right away and has been nursing like a champ, they said I should be released tomorrow, so far so good. Couldn't have asked for a greater, smoother outcome. Thanks for all your well wishes.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: She's here...PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards