Cloth Diapering

My own ON experiment!

I'm about to put L to bed in a hemp flat. I'm way more excited than I should be, and that makes me scared that its going to be a complete bust.
I shall update tomorrow.
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: My own ON experiment!

• Good luck!! I am too terrified of disturbing DD's sleep to do any experimenting at night. She'll be in a giant fitted and a fleece soaker til she's 4.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At least you're still experimenting! I gave up on different combos and use the overnight disposables. But DS seems to be filling them up less, so I may try cloth next Friday. That way if it's a bust I have time clean up the mess!
  • Our sbish are working fine absorbancy wise, I just don't like that they are more work to take care of than everything else. Plus I could get 4 more hemp flats for the price of 1 sbish. And selling the 4 I have would be awesome. And help me justify getting a couple more covers :D
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Woohoo, good luck! What else did you stuff it with, or did you just use the hemp flat?
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I was going to put an insert or two in it, then got lost in its soft squishiness until it was on her and forgot all about adding anything. But I keep seeing that a hemp flat is recommended for heavy wetters ON. So lets hope it works lol
    She goes back and forth. Last nights diaper was barely wet. Then others are soaked. We shall see....

ETA Oh sh!t. I also forgot a liner. I'm on a roll. It's not the first time I've forgotten one tho lol
  • Then this will be a real test! A goes back and forth between a totally soaked diaper and barely wet too. It'll be awesome if it works for you, because I can guarantee you won't be having the love hate washing relationship with the flat that you've had with the sbish haha.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • PS at least you aren't CHEATING like a CERTAIN SOMEONE

**Takes badge out of drawer, shines it on shirt and looks down nose at Stoneycakes**

imageimage
    imageimage
  • image Into+the+Kitty:

PS at least you aren't CHEATING like a CERTAIN SOMEONE

**Takes badge out of drawer, shines it on shirt and looks down nose at Stoneycakes**

Bahaha

Love how all the different threads are intertwined now...

MK ~~~ I use a trifolded AMP hemp prefold sometimes with a thirsties cover and it works great.  I don't have a heavy wetter though.

• image tjkdlhb:
    image Into+the+Kitty:

Bahaha

MK ~~~ I use a trifolded AMP hemp prefold sometimes with a thirsties cover and it works great.  I don't have a heavy wetter though.

Lol, I'm not only the CD police, I'm the CD Big Brother too. I know what's going on in every thread.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • image tjkdlhb:
    image Into+the+Kitty:

Bahaha

Haha poor Stoney will never live that down.
    I wonder how a PF compares to a flat?
    I've got high hopes!
  • Good luck! I have three sbish fitteds that I have been using for an ON solution for my daughter for the last ~3 weeks so I'm hoping I don't run into any of the issues you have been having with them. Interested to see if the flat works for you!
    imageimage
  • image calimavs:
    Good luck! I have three sbish fitteds that I have been using for an ON solution for my daughter for the last 3 weeks so I'm hoping I don't run into any of the issues you have been having with them. Interested to see if the flat works for you!

Honestly, I think it's a combination of stinky toddler pee, hard water, and my refusal to switch detergents. And my refusal to have a complicated routine or have to deal with any problems lol. They're still awesome diapers. Stink is common bc they're so crazy absorbant, which is what you want for a nighttime diaper, but obv it's not that much of an ordeal bc they're so crazy popular. Of the ON fitteds I've used, they're by far my favorite. If the hemp doesn't work Ill still with my sbish. If the hemp flat does work ill be happy bc it's cheaper, but I might shed a tear when I let them go.
  • image Into+the+Kitty:

Haha! You guys are too much! Don't worry, it was only that one time! 

image        image