February 2013 Moms

Baby talk

It's that last month, of course, and it seems like I can't talk about anything but babies, and I feel so bad because I know my SO is getting so sick of it. Like I don't know if this gonna be bad for us cause we litterally don't talk about anything without me bringing it up and I just can't seem to help it :/ lol gr
image image

image image

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby talk

• I am the same way I feel like my every thought is baby related. I make an effort to have other conversation with him though. We have pretty good conversations about his work, what going on in the news, what we think of this or that, plans for the future etc...Of course we talk about my other kids as well :)
    Mom to 4 cute kids, 10 y/o girl, 8, 6, and 1.5 y/o boys

• I'm like that now.  We already have two kids and on the rare occasion we are going somewhere without them, we really have no idea what to talk about other than work haha.  It's sad.
    DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Ya, I sorely miss the carefree days where conversations were more about how we were going to spend our day, now that every second is spend thinking about how we're going to provide for the next, and buy the next baby related object, etc. 

At the same time I am so excited, and it really is all I want to talk about. So I feel bad. It probably wouldn't be so bothersome if he made it atleast seem like he was as into this change as I am, but then again, I figure that if I don't have to pretend I'm interested in football etch then I shouldn't really expect him to be all baby crazy with me lol. 

image image

image image

BabyFetus Ticker

• Why do we feel bad about this! I'm in the same boatits all I can talk/think about even when I try not to. But really haven't we earned it? Our entire existence right now is dedicated to baby and that isn't going to change anytime soon. Then again my SO and I are having our first and she is a total surprise so I guess it's kinda all consuming for both of us. I dunno I just don't think we should feel bad about the babies on the brain 24/7 business!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My brother took DS1 for us saturday afternoon and night so SO and I could have a date night. Within 20 minutes of us leaving him all we could do was do random little things he does when certain songs came on. Then we went to lunch and had to stop ourselves from crying because we actually sat next to each other for the first time in a long time at a table(usually we put him in between us) We walked around out marketplace and mall without him and we just kept making little statements that he would make. We walked around our normal mall later, trying to think of something to do because we were not in the mood for a movie. We saw a ceramics shop, so we went there and painted for hours. Every now and then we would talk about how we would have to get him in there to paint a magnet or something because he would enjoy it. And we had to keep checking our phones to see if we missed any messages or calls from my brother. When we finished and went to dinner we tried to think of other things to talk about. When we went to leave we realized we went the entire night without getting him something!! Guilt almost got us to go back and get him something.

We do not do well without talking about him, I can only imagine what we will do when this LO gets here. But we enjoy it just the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards