Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Exercise post partum

Just wondering how everyone is doing exercise wise? I'm 5 weeks pp and just got back into it the last week or so. I feel great. Bleeding has stopped I had no tearing or issues at all. I'm wanting to do a ripped class tonight. Wondering if it may be to early or if I should just go on how I feel?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Exercise post partum

• I was told no exercise until after my 6 week appt, if cleared by the dr. But I had a c section, maybe its diff for vaginal birth?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a csection and my doctor told me to stick to walking until 8 to 12 weeks pp
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• COBCOB
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    Listen to your body- if you feel good I'd say go ahead. I have been working out for weeks (baby is 5.5 weeks old) and have just done what feels good. I did the same with my first son, mentally it is great to feel "back to normal."
  • I had a c-section and my OB encouraged to start working out 4 -6 weeks after. They caution against rigerous core work outs. the harder you get back to it, closer to the 2 week post op... the higher the likelihood of popping a stitch you are.

Squats,, leg lifts and resistance bands are freat return... 3 sets of 10... every other day... drink lots of water

• I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and I've been running for a couple days now. I was active all but a couple months of my pregnancy and have had a great recovery. Just listen to your body! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd listen to your body. That being said a "ripped class" sounds intense. You may want to start with something a bit more chill and see how your feel after :) If your body responds well, go from there. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    May 31, 2014 BFP but ended in CP within hours - I've come a long way from non functioning ovaries. Stick next time baby!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker