September 2013 Moms

Hoover?

Hi im 6weeks pregnant with my first baby, is it safe for me to hoover?

Re: Hoover?

• This sounds like its going to a dirty place...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can put anything you want in your mouth besides ciggies and alcohol. And the latter is debatable. Good luck with that.

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Please be our rainbow baby - we are all waiting for you and we already love you so much

BabyFruit Ticker

• Are you talking about vacuuming?  If so, unfortunately it is perfectly fine to do while pregnant. 
  • image carolyn6609:
    Are you talking about vacuuming?  If so, unfortunately it is perfectly fine to do while pregnant. 

I'm hoping this is what she is talking about lol 

• I'm lost.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP#1 5/11/11 . EDD 1/17/12 . M/C and D&C 6/15/11 . RIP Little Bean
    BFP#2 8/15/11 . EDD 4/26/12. Blighted Ovum. D&C 9/18/11
    BFP#3 1/4/13. EDD 9/14/13. *Fingers Crossed*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hell no! It's much better to live in filth, lest you over exert yourself.
  • image missmuffin87:
    This sounds like its going to a dirty place...

Hahaha that's what I first thought too, who refers to actual vacuuming as 'hoovering'?? Then I looked at Urban Dictionary and lo and behold:

7. v. colloquial Sexual term describing oral stimulation of the penis, vagina, or rectum ;

8. n. colloquial Derogatory sexual term describing a person who performs oral stimulation of the penis, vagina, or rectum 

So, um, yeah...OP, you might want to clarify which you're asking about, vacuuming or oral sex...while those with m/s who can't even think about eating (ie putting anything in their mouths) quietly go and throw up now.  

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 40  DH: 41
    Daughter from previous marriage: 19

TTC #2 since August 2012
    BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

My FF Chart

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• image gscoville:

image missmuffin87:

Hahaha that's what I first thought too, who refers to actual vacuuming as 'hoovering'?? Then I looked at Urban Dictionary and lo and behold:

7. v. colloquial Sexual term describing oral stimulation of the penis, vagina, or rectum ;

8. n. colloquial Derogatory sexual term describing a person who performs oral stimulation of the penis, vagina, or rectum 

So, um, yeah...OP, you might want to clarify which you're asking about, vacuuming or oral sex...while those with m/s who can't even think about eating (ie putting anything in their mouths) quietly go and throw up now.  

I guess either way it's OK.  Enjoy!

TTC#1 since October 2012
    BFP#1 EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy
  • image gscoville:

image missmuffin87:

oh jeebus OP are you asking if you can give him head?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Indifferent

And that's all I really have to say about that.

imageimageimage

• Seriously people? It means vacuum. Not a lot of nonAmericans on the board I guess lol!
  • image Wintergirlfox:
    Seriously people? It means vacuum. Not a lot of nonAmericans on the board I guess lol!

I'm Canadian and I instantly thought she was asking about giving head too! lol
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• image Wintergirlfox:
    Seriously people? It means vacuum. Not a lot of nonAmericans on the board I guess lol!

This is what I was thinking, I am English, and we always say hoover instead of vacum, just like over here everyone says Kleenex instead of tissue LOL.

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 had severe Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 had severe Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. Antibody Sensitisation Information 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• image NNGnome:

image Wintergirlfox:

This is what I was thinking, I am English, and we always say hoover instead of vacum, just like over here everyone says Kleenex instead of tissue LOL.

This, it's a perfectly innocent British term.  

ETA: OP, yes it is perfectly safe. 

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • I am guessing people thought she was asking about giving head because who asks if they can vacuum while pregnant!?! If we couldn't vacuum we would all live if filth!

imageimage

• Best post so far. I laughed so hard, my husband asked me to read it to him. How funny! Got to love the word lingo divide.
  • Omg!!! I meant vacuming!! Lol quite common to call it hoovering in uk !! So far hubbys been doing all the cleaning ; didnt think my thread would become so amusing lol!! Thanx for the replies ladies : xxx