1st Trimester
Options

Cramps and no morning sickness at 5 weeks

This is my first pregnancy so I am extremely nervous! I keep getting cramps as if my period is about to start. Also, I was only slightly nauseous last week and the week before, but this week I haven't felt nauseous at all. Could this be signs of a miscarriage? Any info that anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

Re: Cramps and no morning sickness at 5 weeks

• Options
    this is mine also (: congrats by the way. and i'm still having cramps and didnt get nauseous til like 6 weeks. THAT'S WHEN IT HIT ME! so you maybe lucky with no morning sickness stuff or maybe it's going to creep up on you lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Symptoms come and go. Cramping can be normal. Don't borrow trouble. I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea unless I ate something that didnt agree with me. I'm 11 weeks and have thrown up more this week then the other weeks combined.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelnlaveque:
    Symptoms come and go. Cramping can be normal. Don't borrow trouble. I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea unless I ate something that didnt agree with me. I'm 11 weeks and have thrown up more this week then the other weeks combined.

Yes

• Options
    Congratulations on the bfp! Not everyone gets morning sickness. With my first pregnancy, I never had any morning sickness at all.
    image image

• Options

I get cramps too.  There are such things as implantation cramps which can also cause mild bleeding which is very normal and completely harmless.   

• Options
    I haven't had the M/S yet either and I'm counting my lucky stars!  They say that sometimes it's just a real nauseas feeling, so maybe you're overthinking it because you aren't physically getting sick :)

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options
    Normal.  You might not get m/s until 6 weeks, 10 weeks, or never.  Cramping is mostly normal unless you have spotting or bleeding.  Your ute is expanding, you'll feel some twinges. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

It's normal. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

At 5 weeks I had cramps and lower back pain.  I had my first appointment last week at 8 weeks and brought it up to the dr he said that it is completely normal as long as I am not bleeding.  Today I am a little over 9 weeks and I still get cramps from time to time.  I wouldn't worry to much about it just call your dr if you are worried.

I have not been sick once yet and besides feeling tired from time to time I feel great!  Morning sickness does not make you less or more pregnant.  Consider yourself lucky so far.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Cramps are very common at this stage in your pregnancy, I had them as well at five and six weeks.  Mine eased up around eight weeks I think (although I have serious pregnancy brain and can't remember things as well as I used to lol)  I also didn't have any morning sickness until this last week.  Although I have the flu, so that contributed some, so really I haven't had much at all besides what was brought on by the flu.  My sister in law didn't have any sickness what so ever, she had a super easy pregnancy and she has a super healthy two year old, so don't worry too much on it.  Plus like the other ladies said, it can sneak up really fast all of a sudden, so you never know enjoy it while you can lol.  I know I was worried the same as you but the farther along I get the more relaxed I get.  Once you see or hear that heart beat, a lot of your worries will start to ease off.  Good luck with everything :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    count your blessings, I'd give anything to NOT be sick.  Cramping is totally normal that early too.  I still have cramping, stretching, pulling and pains at 8 weeks, but had more of it earlier on. You ca have a completely normal, healthy, happy pregnancy without morning sickness (probably happier than with it! lol).  It's not a bad thing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Michelle- 39, DH 41 Mom to 5yo boy (IVF) Latest pregnancy- IVF #1- ER- 11/30 ET- 3 day, 12/3- 3 8 cell embies Beta- 14dpo- 488 Beta- 18dpo- 2500 7 week U/S 1/4- TWINS! EDD 8/21/13
  • Options
    I had some cramping off and on. It can be many things, uterus growing, constipation, bloating, baby "settling in".  If you don't have blood with it, no need to worry.  I had some queasiness, but I haven't had any morning sickness.  It is perfectly fine not too.  We have this visual that we have to be puking in order for our baby to be healthy but that's not true.  I understand though, I was just as paranoid as you until I got on The bump, talked to my best friend, and pestered the crap out of my doctor.  Here's some good news, once you see the heartbeat you have less than a 5-10% chance of having a miscarriage.  Hopefully this makes you feel better.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"