October 2012 Moms

UO

Re: UO

• imageexpectingnugget:
    Good for Justin Beiber for smoking weed. Who gives a shiznit if he does? Most young people experiment, he doesn't have a family or major responsibilities, etc. As a matter of fact, I could care less if anyone smokes, as long as they don't do it around their kids and are still a functioning, productive person. It is beyond ludacris that it hasn't been legalized yet, although I don't personally care for it.

I totally agree with your UO, but just wanted to say that this is ludacris:

And this is ludicrous: adj. amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity. 

And for the record, I have gotten mad at Word for trying to correct me when I typed ludacris (shooting for ludicrous) before.  Just thought I'd share one of my "the more you know" moments. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageexpectingnugget:
    Good for Justin Beiber for smoking weed. Who gives a shiznit if he does? Most young people experiment, he doesn't have a family or major responsibilities, etc. As a matter of fact, I could care less if anyone smokes, as long as they don't do it around their kids and are still a functioning, productive person. It is beyond ludacris that it hasn't been legalized yet, although I don't personally care for it.

Good for him?  Really?  I understand that "most young people experiment" but fact of it is...it's still illegal.  So what he has done is shown these young people that "who cares if it's illegal?  Do it anyway!  It's cool!"  It's not cool, specifically because it's illegal.  I am not going to touch the issue of whether or not it should be.  It's a crime right now.  I don't know what the punishment for smoking weed is wherever he did it, but IMO, he needs to endure whatever that punishment is.  He broke the law, and just by him being a celebrity as big as he is, he is encouraging others, especially young kids, to do the same.  Not something to praise him for, IMO.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepiffle42:
    imagembm1983:
    people who graduate college with business or finance degrees and don't know how to use excel completely baffle me. It should be a required class in my opinion.

How does this happen?!? I was required to use Excel for multiple classes. I gave a degree in accounting, but these were all classes that were required for anyone getting a business degree.

Same here. I would think even an online college has excel requirements.

• imagesjgurl784:

imageexpectingnugget:

And this is ludicrous: adj. amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity. 

And for the record, I have gotten mad at Word for trying to correct me when I typed ludacris (shooting for ludicrous) before.  Just thought I'd share one of my "the more you know" moments. 

LOL thanks. I'm sure he'd be down for some greenery.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think Family Guy, American Dad, the Simpsons and Seinfeld are stupid shows. I just can't get into them.
  • imagemeganole25:
    People who want to start solids early are crazy. I have no interest in the poop, mess or added cost. Glad I can use the preemie excuse to hold off till 8 months.

Agreed. I am waiting until six months if I can. Although LO is already eyeing my food, so we will see. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageexpectingnugget:
    imagesjgurl784:

imageexpectingnugget:

LOL thanks. I'm sure he'd be down for some greenery.

Absolutely.  Also, Word of Mouf = greatest album evrrrr.  Roll out.

• I know I am going to get some lash back for this one. I think it's silly when moms make their husband's get up with them for feedings when they are breast feeding under the pretense that if I am up you are up. We BF& FF and I try and wake my husband as few times as possible so when I do wake him he knows I mean business and takes the baby and let's me sleep.

• imagektbee33:
    I know I am going to get some lash back for this one. I think it's silly when moms make their husband's get up with them for feedings when they are breast feeding under the pretense that if I am up you are up. We BFamp; FF and I try and wake my husband as few times as possible so when I do wake him he knows I mean business and takes the baby and let's me sleep.nbsp;

No lash back from me, i completely agree. I would rather only deal with one cranky baby haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepiffle42:
    My UO: I don't think weed should be legalized. Maybe for medical purposes but with much stricter requirements. There are way too many people that abuse it. I think this is true of people taking proscription drugs too. Like my MIL.

Tons of people abuse alcohol. We tried to prohibit that and it clearly did not work. In my opinion, prescription drugs and alcohol are much more toxic to the body and cause far more accidents/deaths. Actually, I think I could find stats on that if I were feeling less lazy.

• imagecandaceleigh21:
    imagektbee33:
    I know I am going to get some lash back for this one. I think it's silly when moms make their husband's get up with them for feedings when they are breast feeding under the pretense that if I am up you are up. We BFamp; FF and I try and wake my husband as few times as possible so when I do wake him he knows I mean business and takes the baby and let's me sleep.nbsp;
    No lash back from me, i completely agree. I would rather only deal with one cranky baby haha

Not everyone's husband is a "cranky baby". MH is quite helpful.

• imageMrsNorry:

imagecandaceleigh21:
    imagektbee33:

Hmm i must not have been clear, What i said was, if I were to wake MH up for no reason then he would be cranky. If I legitimately need help during the night then he would help but I refuse to wake him up just because I am up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrschica:
    imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:
    I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home nbsp;
    My parents had friends who did that. The wife was in medical school and the husband didn't work, but they sent their kids to daycare. Makes no sense to me.

I have a friend who is considering sending her son for 3-4hrs twice a week but only for social interaction (and she does work from home) but that is really the only reason I could see it being okay occasionally. But I am pretty sure if your kid goes to daycare full time while you are at home not working you are not a SAHM....... Your just.... lazy?

some of the women who play tennis at DH's club were telling him how we should send Ethan to day are so I can go out... Seriously? I'm going to send my child to daycare so I can go shopping??? For socializing I can go to mommy and me classes, or maybe send LO to a play group for one or two hours a week... It just doesn't make sense to me 

Hell yes send your kid to daycare so you can go shopping! If your only means of socializing is through a mommy and me class that's pretty sad. (that sounds super bitchy but some on...a mommy and me class for adult interaction?)I"m assuming if a woman who isn't working but sends her kids to daycare fulltime, she's a housewife not a sahm. THe fulltime daycare while staying home doesn't make sense to me but it's probably one of the least things I judge. But sending them a few days a week or a couple hours a day, that frees me up to do xyz and it's good for the kids.

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
  • imageexpectingnugget:

imagepiffle42:
    My UO: I don't think weed should be legalized. Maybe for medical purposes but with much stricter requirements. There are way too many people that abuse it. I think this is true of people taking proscription drugs too. Like my MIL.

Tons of people abuse alcohol. We tried to prohibit that and it clearly did not work. In my opinion, prescription drugs and alcohol are much more toxic to the body and cause far more accidents/deaths. Actually, I think I could find stats on that if I were feeling less lazy.

I've never heard of someone killing or abusing someone while high, they are too lazy for that ;) Alcohol and prescription pain killers are much much worse than weed. As for Bieber, is anyone surprised? I mean he's old enough to be experimenting and just because he's in the public eye doesn't mean he isn't going to make mistakes. As for being a role model, well it's a perfect time to explain to kids who look up to him that everyone makes mistakes and even celebs are far from perfect.  

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
  • imagembm1983:
    imagemrs.ike:

imageexpectingnugget:

Good for him?  Really?  I understand that "most young people experiment" but fact of it is...it's still illegal.  So what he has done is shown these young people that "who cares if it's illegal?  Do it anyway!  It's cool!"  It's not cool, specifically because it's illegal.  I am not going to touch the issue of whether or not it should be.  It's a crime right now.  I don't know what the punishment for smoking weed is wherever he did it, but IMO, he needs to endure whatever that punishment is.  He broke the law, and just by him being a celebrity as big as he is, he is encouraging others, especially young kids, to do the same.  Not something to praise him for, IMO.

i wouldn't say good for him, but i also don't think he should be punished either. He was at a party if i remember the picture. Didn't look like he was hurting anyone.

The fact is that marijuana usage is seriously being challenged these days. I think it's important for kids to know the laws, know the consequences of breaking those laws, but more important to know why it became a law and whether it is right or wrong.

While i personally do not like marijuana smoke (the smell literally makes me sick to my stomach), i agree the war against it is ridiculous. Our jails are overcrowded and they are actually freeing inmates with non-violent drug offenses where i live. This tells me that some laws against drug offenses are in need of revision and less punishable more so than just seeing celebrities doing it.

I hope that made some sense.

It does make sense.  Like I said, I'm not goign to get into the "should it be legalized" debate.  That's a touchy and complex subject.  But he did break the law.  Blatantly.  He didn't try to hide it.  He didn't shy away from it.  He commited a crime, regardless of the fact he wasn't hurting anybody at the time.  If it was just some random punk at a party, that's bad enough.  But he's in a role model position.  I guess for me, it's more about his influence over the kids (which I completely do not understand...I guess I'm an old fogey at 28!) and how THEY are going to view pot now.  Well if he does it, why can't I? 

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'll add my own, I don't understand using pads for your period. Aside from using them after giving birth, there's no worse feeling than sitting in that mess all day. So why not use tampons? Ick! 
  • imagelexilou21:
    I'll add my own, I don't understand using pads for your period. Aside from using them after giving birth, there's no worse feeling than sitting in that mess all day. So why not use tampons? Ick! 

Some people may have issues sticking something in their vag for hours at a time.

• imagelexilou21:
    I'll add my own, I don't understand using pads for your period. Aside from using them after giving birth, there's no worse feeling than sitting in that mess all day. So why not use tampons? Ick! 

I physically cannot use tampons.  I've tried various types/sizes/brands.  Within 10 minutes of me putting one in, I am in so much pain from stomach cramps that it takes all of my energy and willpower to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom to take it out.  Within 20 minutes of removing it, I'm pretty much human again.

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

Some people may have issues sticking something in their vag for hours at a time.

you can feel it?

• imagelexilou21:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

you can feel it?

Yes, and more importantly, who the fark are you?

• imagelexilou21:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

you can feel it?

You can't?!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• s/o weed....it's totes legal here so if I want to smoke a J I'm going to. If Biebs wants to smoke it up, he ought to do it around these parts so it's not such a big deal. Yes, I realize it is still illegal on a federal level, but they aren't interfering with state laws regarding weed so why not?!
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

• imagecandaceleigh21:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagecandaceleigh21:
    imagektbee33:

Hmm i must not have been clear, What i said was, if I were to wake MH up for no reason then he would be cranky. If I legitimately need help during the night then he would help but I refuse to wake him up just because I am up.

I understood what you meant. MH would be pissed if I woke him up just because I woke up. I EBF so unless DH suddenly grew boobs and started producing milk, I see no reason to make him get up. Lol Obviously everyone has their own routine, though. I'm more than capable of feeding DS and changing him. No biggie. Now if he was FF, then heck yes I would make him get up so I can sleep.
  • imagelexilou21:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

you can feel it?

No, that's not my issue. I was raped so sometimes I have issues sticking something up there. So, that's why some people don't use them. Or like mrs.ike, they hurt. Who are you to judge?

• imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

I agree.
  • imagebellre:
    s/o weed....it's totes legal here so if I want to smoke a J I'm going to. If Biebs wants to smoke it up, he ought to do it around these parts so it's not such a big deal. Yes, I realize it is still illegal on a federal level, but they aren't interfering with state laws regarding weed so why not?!

If he was in a state where it's legal, more power to him.  But I think he was in CA when that pic was taken.  So it's still illegal there. ;)

And just because I like to stir the pot (no pun intended) - give it time.  The federal government is good at sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.  It won't be long before  they'll come stepping on toes.  Maybe not for pot, but for something.

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagebellre:
    s/o weed....it's totes legal here so if I want to smoke a J I'm going to. If Biebs wants to smoke it up, he ought to do it around these parts so it's not such a big deal. Yes, I realize it is still illegal on a federal level, but they aren't interfering with state laws regarding weed so why not?!

Party at bellre's! You bring the Biebs and I'll bring Luda.

• A I don't like Supernatural. When it started I thought it would be cool but I think it is really boring. 

B I hate ear piercing in babies.

C  I think people who give their kids improper table food at a really young age (I.e. letting your 3 month old suck on Oreos) are really bad parents. -this is my co-worker and she was bragging about it and everyone else though it was cool her baby likes Oreos at 3 months. 

• imagebellre:
    imagelexilou21:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

you can feel it?

You can't?!

hahaha no! maybe my vagina is stretched so far I forget it's there...

• imagelexilou21:

Indifferent

• imageMrsNorry:
    imagelexilou21:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagelexilou21:

you can feel it?

No, that's not my issue. I was raped so sometimes I have issues sticking something up there. So, that's why some people don't use them. Or like mrs.ike, they hurt. Who are you to judge?

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Big hugs to you!

As for the judging, this is an UO thread....so this is my UO.

I introduced myself in another thread, so I thought I'd just jump right in. Am i missing something? No snark, I just am a little confused since I'm feeling a little un welcome right now.

• Me thinks some more lurking would do you a world of good, LexiLou21.
  • imagelexilou21:
    imageMrschica:
    imagefatpenguin4304:

imageirish city girl:
    imageMrschica:
    I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home nbsp;
    My parents had friends who did that. The wife was in medical school and the husband didn't work, but they sent their kids to daycare. Makes no sense to me.

I have a friend who is considering sending her son for 3-4hrs twice a week but only for social interaction (and she does work from home) but that is really the only reason I could see it being okay occasionally. But I am pretty sure if your kid goes to daycare full time while you are at home not working you are not a SAHM....... Your just.... lazy?

some of the women who play tennis at DH's club were telling him how we should send Ethan to day are so I can go out... Seriously? I'm going to send my child to daycare so I can go shopping??? For socializing I can go to mommy and me classes, or maybe send LO to a play group for one or two hours a week... It just doesn't make sense to me 

Hell yes send your kid to daycare so you can go shopping! If your only means of socializing is through a mommy and me class that's pretty sad. (that sounds super bitchy but some on...a mommy and me class for adult interaction?)I"m assuming if a woman who isn't working but sends her kids to daycare fulltime, she's a housewife not a sahm. THe fulltime daycare while staying home doesn't make sense to me but it's probably one of the least things I judge. But sending them a few days a week or a couple hours a day, that frees me up to do xyz and it's good for the kids.

the socializing is for the kid, not me.

and no? I don't see the need to go shopping every week, I have a child, not a shopping addiction. And frankly, I would rather spend time with him.

and for the record, my post was geared more towards mothers with infants. When it comes to preschool, to each their own.

and I'll second the others... Where did you come from? 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • imagelexilou21:

• imagesjgurl784:
    Me thinks some more lurking would do you a world of good, LexiLou21.

ok....

• imagelexilou21:

I introduced myself in another thread, so I thought I'd just jump right in. Am i missing something? No snark, I just am a little confused since I'm feeling a little un welcome right now.

Well, it certainly was unpopular. FTR, I don't care that you jumped in, that's how you participate in a message board. I just think you came across as pretty judgmental.  

• imageMrsNorry:
    imagelexilou21:

Well, it certainly was unpopular. FTR, I don't care that you jumped in, that's how you participate in a message board. I just think you came across as pretty judgmental.  

never woulda guess that a preference of tampons over pads would make me come across as judgemental. I don't judge those that use pads lol i just don't "get" it in general. But you explained and a few others why they don't and of course your reasons make sense.

• imageLauraT25:

FWIW, mrsike, I agree with you 100% - while it's still illegal, people should at least be discreet about smoking weed, especially celebrities with a large following of young people.  I've never smoked it in my life, but I am pro-legalization because I don't see why pot should be illegal when more dangerous substances (cigarettes, alcohol) aren't, plus the war on pot is absurd.  I think WA has come up with a pretty decent strategy for regulating it so we'll see how that goes.  HowEVER, it's illegal now and that's that.

Hate ear piercing on babies, but we've been there before.

I think lexilou might be the downer who yelled at me about the hair tourniquet.

hair tourniquet?

• imageLauraT25:
    FWIW, mrsike, I agree with you 100 while it's still illegal, people should at least be discreet about smoking weed, especially celebrities with a large following of young people.nbsp; I've never smoked it in my life, but I am prolegalization because I don't see why pot should be illegal when more dangerous substances cigarettes, alcohol aren't, plus the war on pot is absurd.nbsp; I think WA has come up with a pretty decent strategy for regulating it so we'll see how that goes.nbsp; HowEVER, it's illegal now and that's that.Hate ear piercing on babies, but we've been there before.I think lexilou might be the downer who yelled at me about the hair tourniquet. Edit: my apologies, it was NOT lexilou!

wait you got yelled at?? I missed that! What happened?

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageLauraT25:
    Mrs.Norry, I had the same problem for a while, it took me a good four years before I could use tampons again.  Just want to give you hugs.  Left HugRight Hug

Thanks Laura, and Left HugRight Hug back to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"