October 2012 Moms

Re: UO

• I am predicting that piercing may end up here today...

I like frozen meals. I don't care that they are full of sodium or preservatives, they are so much faster and easier to make!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.

please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home  

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • I hate camping and think it is stupid. I have nice conveniences in my home like a bed, A/C, a shower, etc.. why would I give that up and pretend to be homeless as a "vacation" ? I'm hoping if LO likes camping this is something his dad can do with him and I can stay home ! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the snow. Whenever it snows in Utah everyone complains about it and I get so annoyed. You live in a place where it snows a few times a year. Get over it.

• image Mrschica:
    I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home nbsp;

My parents had friends who did that. The wife was in medical school and the husband didn't work, but they sent their kids to daycare. Makes no sense to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:
    I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home nbsp;
    My parents had friends who did that. The wife was in medical school and the husband didn't work, but they sent their kids to daycare. Makes no sense to me.

I have a friend who is considering sending her son for 3-4hrs twice a week but only for social interaction (and she does work from home) but that is really the only reason I could see it being okay occasionally. But I am pretty sure if your kid goes to daycare full time while you are at home not working you are not a SAHM....... Your just.... lazy?

• I don't like when married people don't wear wedding bands.

Although, I feel really wrong because I've gone to the store twice this week without my rings on. Totally forgot to put them on during the day.

Also, I don't think eye piercing should be done on girls until they are old enough to ask. I got my for my 5th birthday and I remember being so excited to be a big girl. 

Cooper Thomas | 08.02.12 at 31w2d | 3lb 9oz
    TTC #2 since 10.13

image image image image

• image meganole25:

I don't like when married people don't wear wedding bands.

Although, I feel really wrong because I've gone to the store twice this week without my rings on. Totally forgot to put them on during the day.

Also, I don't think eye piercing should be done on girls until they are old enough to ask. I got my for my 5th birthday and I remember being so excited to be a big girl. 

I myself am against eye peircing at any age Big Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image fatpenguin4304:

image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:

I have a friend who is considering sending her son for 3-4hrs twice a week but only for social interaction (and she does work from home) but that is really the only reason I could see it being okay occasionally. But I am pretty sure if your kid goes to daycare full time while you are at home not working you are not a SAHM....... Your just.... lazy?

DS1 goes to preschool 2 days/week for 2 hours. We do it primarily for the social interaction, but also so he has something fun to do during the week. It doesn't really give me much of a break, but it makes him happy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I wish Ted Nugent would run for President so I can vote for him, he would be awesome!

• image fatpenguin4304:

image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:

I think sometime between 2 and 3 it is good for children to start some type of part time preschool / daycare.Gets the children use to being in a class, playing with other kids, listening to adults besides parents.  Parents tend to over help there children and I feel at daycare/preschool children learn to be more independant.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image Wally3:
    image meganole25:

Giggling uncontrollably. ;) 

• image irish city girl:
    image fatpenguin4304:

image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:

DS1 goes to preschool 2 days/week for 2 hours. We do it primarily for the social interaction, but also so he has something fun to do during the week. It doesn't really give me much of a break, but it makes him happy.

Sending to preschool or a few hours of care a day is not at all the same as sending a kid to full time care. No need to justify it!!!
    Birthday

• image meganole25:

you mean ear piercing I'm sure. eye piercing sounds awful!

We are not married. But i have told him if he ever buys me a ring I'd be extremely pissed. 1. we don't have that kind of money. 2. I've lost every piece of jewelry I've ever owned. it doesn't make sense to me to get a ring i will either never wear or lose.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image fatpenguin4304:

image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:

^^this

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• image rachelmichelle1:
    image Wally3:
    image meganole25:

Lol... agreed

• image Mrschica:

I think it's ridiculous for a SAHM to still have their kid in daycare.

please note, I'm not referring to those who work from home  

before we had kids my boyfriend stayed at home most of the year (his job was seasonal for 4-5 months). Certainly there was a lot of video game playing but he also cooked, cleaned, did all the laundry and took care of our dog. I do think there are times he was lazy, but for the most part he did all the sh!t i HATE doing, and i'm thankful for that.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• I think it should be a law that cars are required to drive with lights on at all times. I'm sick of seeing cars without their lights on in the fog, rain, snow, dusk, a combination of those, etc. It pisses me off.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• image ChrisG83:
    I wish Ted Nugent would run for President so I can vote for him, he would be awesome!

Indifferent

I hope my sarcasm meter is broken...

• I dont necessarily believe in long term "monogamy".  I think it goes against reproductive evolution. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image candaceleigh21:
    I dont necessarily believe in long term "monogamy".  I think it goes against reproductive evolution. 

Yes

• image Britt1406:
    image rachelmichelle1:
    image Wally3:
    image meganole25:

Lol... agreed

Opps. Total fail.

TTC #2 since 10.13

image image image image

• People who want to start solids early are crazy. I have no interest in the poop, mess or added cost. Glad I can use the preemie excuse to hold off till 8 months.

TTC #2 since 10.13

image image image image

• image ChrisG83:
    I wish Ted Nugent would run for President so I can vote for him, he would be awesome!

You ma'am, are my new best friend. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image meganole25:
    People who want to start solids early are crazy. I have no interest in the poop, mess or added cost. Glad I can use the preemie excuse to hold off till 8 months.

Agree 100%.. I'm dreading the 6 month mark for this reason!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image fatpenguin4304:

image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:

some of the women who play tennis at DH's club were telling him how we should send Ethan to day are so I can go out... Seriously? I'm going to send my child to daycare so I can go shopping??? For socializing I can go to mommy and me classes, or maybe send LO to a play group for one or two hours a week... It just doesn't make sense to me 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • image nickell5:

image ChrisG83:

You ma'am, are my new best friend. 

This... you want this as our president. 

• image Mrschica:
    image fatpenguin4304:

image irish city girl:
    image Mrschica:

some of the women who play tennis at DH's club were telling him how we should send Ethan to day are so I can go out... Seriously? I'm going to send my child to daycare so I can go shopping??? For socializing I can go to mommy and me classes, or maybe send LO to a play group for one or two hours a week... It just doesn't make sense to me 

Now maybe it's my UO that i don't think sending your kid to daycare for some "sanity mommy time" is a bad idea. Your kid will love being with other kids. You will love getting to do something you like to do. if you can afford it, seems like a win-win to me. 

i guess i say this because a friend of mine has a 9 month old. she really doesn't like the idea of daycare, however she is stressed beyond belief every day. Her hubby doesn't help that much with their son, or cooking, or cleaning, or anything that doesn't involve his own career (he's an executive level marketing manager). We have suggested to her finding a daycare or babysitter for just a few hours a week because she really does need some time for herself to chill out.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• No to eye piercing, yes to ear piercing. No to Ted Nuggent. Yes to monogamy.

My UO is that most nights I like getting up with DD. I like that its our time and I get a smile, and then I rock her to sleep. It's special and I know it will be gone too soon.
  • Speaking of politics, I think the Tea Party group has a lot of smart things to say...you just have to wade through the crazy to get to it.  And that scares me.  America needs to do something.  This country is going to hell in a handbasket, and our rights are being trampled on.  Government is too big, and they're too powerful.  But the loudest group is the Tea Party, and on the cover, they're pretty much nuts.  That makes people point and laugh rather than sit down and actually listen to what they're saying.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies