December 2012 Moms

Taking LO to stores

I got pretty scared watching the news report last night about all of the flu cases and ppl dying. I was thinking of taking LO to Target today but am kinda nervous and rethinking the trip. Am I being irrational?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Taking LO to stores

• I get just as scared but we have been going to Target and on other errands. We don't go to just get out though. We only go when we need things and try and minimize trips. I very strictly keep her car seat canopy over the seat at all times and do not touch her in the store until I hand sanitize. I think it's probably ok if you take all of the right precautions and just be super careful.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Honest we have a 23 month old as well who goes to daycare so I figure most viruses she's bringing into the house anyways. I don't go out just to hang out go get what we need then home. LO stays in cart in seat or in chest sling. Most people we encounter are smart enough to know to leave her alone.

• We ended up going to Target and Giant this am. We went right when the stores opened to avoid a lot of ppl and just got what we needed and left. Even tho I was nervous I am glad we went out bc it is nice to not stay cooped up at home and we needed the stuff we bought. Thanks to all who responded!

• I have gone on walks outside, but I am not going anywhere with a crowd unless I have to for her dr apts until 6 to 8 weeks. I am sure she would be fine but if she got something I could never forgive myself. For me it just isn't worth the risk until her immune system is a little stronger.
  • I have no problem taking DD2 anywhere. If we are out, I normally wear her. She doesn't come into any contact with anyone.

Wash your hands regularly, sanitize the grocery store cart handle and don't touch your face with your hands and get the flu shot for yourself and DH.
    Ivy: July 10  |  Stella: Dec 12

• LO went to Target two days after we left the hospital. We kept a blanket over her car seat the whole time. We've gone grocery shopping, to the mall, and out to eat a few times since then. I would have totally lost my mind if we would have stayed at home. 

• image BrittanyDoesDerby:
    LO went to Target two days after we left the hospital. We kept a blanket over her car seat the whole time. We've gone grocery shopping, to the mall, and out to eat a few times since then. I would have totally lost my mind if we would have stayed at home. 

This. We don't go out all that often but I need to get out of the house occasionally or I would go crazy.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I definitely still go on errands to keep my sanity. We have a shower cap cover and I keep that on to minimize contact with her. Haven't mastered the ability to wear her in a store yet but once I do we will be going to the grocery store!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  SEPT siggy challenge:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic