Babies: 0 - 3 Months

xp: baby swimwear

We are going to Punta Cana (woohoo!) the first week in Feb for some fun in the sun. Anyway, I want my LO to get in the pool and ocean a bit and play around. How does this work with a diaper? I've found all sorts of cute swim trunks and little rash guards to help protect from the sun but not sure if there's something else that would be better and prevent a soggy diaper. 

Thanks! 

TTC#1 since oct 2009, DOR
IUI #1-3 (jan-mar 2011), all BFN 
IVF #1 oct 2011, BFN      
IVF #2: dec 2011, BFFN
FET #1: feb 8, 2012, BFP!!!  chibaby born october 29, 2012!

TTC #2
FET #2  sept 5, 2013-BFFN
new RE
IVF #3    feb 2014-BFFN again...
CCRM consult July 2014! 

Re: xp: baby swimwear

• I haven't found disposable swim diapers in any size smaller than 3, so when my DS1 was very small, we used a cloth swim diaper that I ordered from onestepahead.com. He never pooped in it, so I can't attest to how well it performed that way, but it was easy to use and wasn't droopy/soggy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They make Little Swimmer diapers. I know they're all over the place in summer, not sure where to buy them during winter... At our YMCA, non-potty-trained kids can't swim without a swimmer diaper because the swimmer diapers not only don't swell, they contain the poo or pee better, apparently. ETA: I get small/med/large swim diapers... look at the weight, but I just used a small diaper on my 6 week old baby (11 pounds, 3 ounces) last week and it worked well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Buy a few cloth ones - check out Jillian's Drawers or Nicki's Diapers, both online. 

Swim diapers are for poop, not pee. They are not waterproof. 

E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • I've found cloth swim diapers work best (love the ones made by finis).
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love mother-ease cloth swim diapers and bummis swimmis are my second choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker