Central Florida Babies
Options

Moving to the Tampa area

Hello all.  My family will most likely be relocating to the Tampa area in the next few months.  I was hoping you all could give me some hints on nice parts of the city for families.  My husband's office will be close to the airport so we know he will have a bit of a commute - hoping for no more than 30 minutes.  I stay at home with our little ones so we will be looking for a neighborhood / area where there are lots of other kids, parks, etc.  Any places / neighborhoods to stay away from would also be appreciated.  Thanks so much for the help!

Re: Moving to the Tampa area

• Options

Welcome! New Tampa (North Tampa) as well as Westchase are very nice areas with many families, good schools and a lot of family activities as well. Carrollwood is nice as well (though you need to be selective with its areas) and is very centrally located. South Tampa (The Hyde Park Area) is also nice, but it doesn't appeal to everyone.

Best of luck on your search! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks so much!  Do you know anything about the Brandon / Riverview areas?  Loosk like they might be a little farther from the city but newer?  Thanks again - I really appreciate it.

And anyone else please feel free to comment too!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I do know a bit about both. I've had multiple friends live in Brandon & they always end up leaving. They don't seem to enjoy it. It's not especially new & several complain of crime.

Riverview is newer, but does have the distance to consider. If your DH is working near the airport his commute with involve 75 or 275, both of which are dreadful with traffic during rush hour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I highly recommend your checkout the Westchase area. It sounds like it hits all of your needs. There are tons of families here, playgrounds, family activities etc... It's probably about a 30 minute commute to airport area during traffic times but totally worth it. It's such a great community!
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used to live in Brandon and it feels like you live in a strip mall. Very ostracizing. I too recommend Westchase and carrollwood. We love Westchase as activities and restaurants are walkable.
  • Options
    New tampa is nice. Downtown tampa can ok, but all around downtown can be sketchy. I recommend westchase as well!

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"