October 2012 Moms

When are you moving LO out of your room?

Mobile: When are you moving LO out of your room?

Sorry I'm a PW.

Last night, my husband woke up the baby with his insane snoring at 4 am. She did go back to sleep, but she was restless for a while, and I couldn't sleep listening to her. I'm not really ready to move her out, but I want us both  to sleep as well as possible. I really wanted to get to 6 months because of the SIDS risk, but I just don't know if that's practical. I'm thinking 4 months now, perhaps... that will give me enough time to adjust to the idea and be back at work to see how that affects her sleep.

So, when are you moving LO out? Or, have you already?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: When are you moving LO out of your room?

• I stress just thinking about it.  She's sleeping in my room forever. LOL  Ok, maybe not that long, but I am most definitely NOT ready to move her out just yet.  She's 3.5m now. 

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • He's been out for almost a month now because he was the loudest sleeper out of the three of us.  It's a pain when we have nights like last night when he lost his binky 321634564 times, but when he sleeps well, we all sleep so much better.  Give it a try for a few nights to see how it makes you feel/how LO does.
  • He's been in own room, in his crib since he was two weeks old.  We didn't want him sleeping in our room for too long and it's worked out just fine for us.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours are still in our bedroom.  I don't think we'll move them into their cribs until they STTN.  It's selfish acutally because they will be upstairs and us downstairs and I really don't feel like going up and down the stairs like a PP said just because the binky came out, etc.  We try and put them in their cribs for naps on the weekends but that's about it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He is already in his room.  Still sleeping in his RnP but is he such a LOUD sleeper/grunter that we just couldnt take it anymore.  We moved him out about a month ago.  We have a small house and his room is next to ours so with both of our doors open, I can still hear any crying but not all the grunting and snoring
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We JUST got him out of our bed! LOL, he's in a PnP next to the bed now... I think we'll move him when he's sttn or close to it... he's not a terrible sleeper now but neither of us wants to get up and go in the other room to pop a paci in.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one! My Blog
  • I didn't realize it was recommended to 6 months. That's all the permission I need! ;)

Actually, DH is the one that's "not ready" for her to be in her own room. I was thinking about starting her off in our room and then switching her to the crib for her 2nd stretch, or vice versa, so she's used to it. She's awfully flexible, so I don't foresee a problem, but I'm worried that it will be harder for her to adjust at 6 months than now.

Long story short, I guess I really don't know! :)

@frownyface + @ellcore fah lyfe 

• Our pediatrician said that LO needed to be out of our bed by 1 week old and in her own room, in her crib, by 1 month.   We have heeded her deadlines and LO sleeps in her room, in her crib without any fuss or problems.   She still wakes up about every 4 hours to eat (or be reswaddled), but she has not been back in our room since 1 month.    Even though I thought the doctor was a harda$$, it has been a great transition - LO was a very noisy sleeper and no one was getting any rest. 
  • We made the move over a month ago.  My son was a loud sleeper and moves around a lot so sleeping in the bed with him was TOUGH.  However, now every so often I bring him to bed with us, particularly if it is a 4am waking/feeding.  It is so nice to snuggle with him now on the rare occasion.  While I would have LOVED to cosleep longer, we all sleep better in our own beds. 

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • I'm working on getting him out of our bed right now, and once that's done, he'll probably be in our room for another few months...I'm thinking six months max. Though I never thought I'd say this, I'd let him sleep in our bed forever, but DH isn't so big on the idea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image rachelmichelle1:

I didn't realize it was recommended to 6 months. That's all the permission I need! ;)

I don't think there's anything particularly special about 6 months. Just, in my mind, since that's when the SIDS risk drops, it is a time that makes sense. It drops once at 4 months, too, I think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Becky2ann:
    We moved her at 6 weeks and we are all happier and sleeping better. We made her room as safe as possible for SIDS prevention ... No blankets, bumpers, animals in the crib. A fan on to circulate the air. Cooler temperature.

All this. We moved him at 7 weeks and we all slept much better. He didnt fuss at all, and actually started sleeping 6 and 7 hour stretches shortly after. I think he is just more comfortable in his crib than he ever was in the bassinet. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• N was sleeping in the pnp napper in our room and we moved into the guest room next door about 6 weeks ago. She has been in her crib in the nursery since just before Christmas. I waited until she was essentially STTN.

• DS has slept in his crib in his room a few times... it's not him, it's us.  I love having him in our bed with us, I like to roll over and see him, he is STTN so we really have no reason not to move him.   This will definitely change once I am back to work, we will need more of a set schedule. He currently goes to bed at 10:30 and wakes up around 6:30 - 7:30. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers 

Want to get paid to shop... click my ebates referral http://tinyurl.com/pv27xyo

• We were thinking about doing it at 4.5-5 months. He stopped sleeping in his car seat (due to reflux and RNPs not being sold in Canada) a month ago and is now in the PNP in our room. We think that should give him time to get acquainted to sleeping more horizontally and getting over any remaining reflux, while still being close enough to assist if he cries.

I think once they can competently roll themselves over from front to back, and back to front, as well as start sitting up, they're good to be in a different room with a monitor. He currently sleeps in his crib daily for his longer nap and before his last feed of the evening before we go to bed, to help adjust to being in it. Not to mention, he loves his mobile. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image leticia715:
    Our pediatrician said that LO needed to be out of our bed by 1 week old and in her own room, in her crib, by 1 month. nbsp; We have heeded her deadlines and LO sleeps in her room, in her crib without any fuss or problems. nbsp; She still wakes up about every 4 hours to eat or be reswaddled, but she has not been back in our room since 1 month. nbsp; nbsp;Even though I thought the doctor was a harda, it has been a great transition LO was a very noisy sleeper and no one was getting any rest.nbsp;

I would so not be down with this kind if pedi.
    Birthday

• We moved DS2 in with his brother the week before Christmas. It's been going well so far except for last night when DS1 had a fit bc he didn't want to go to sleep and he woke up DS2. I'm getting a lot more sleep now that he's gone.

• LO will be in our room for another year and a half. There is no other place for her to go until we move. All of the other kids slept in their cribs in their own room from day 1 and they still occassinally come back to our bed!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They've been in their own room since about 6/7 weeks. Our pedi recommended we do it sooner rather than later. It wasn't a bad transition - they were in RnPs in our room so we first started by putting them in their RnPs in their own room and then after 2-3 nights of that we moved them to their cribs.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She's been in her crib in her room since 8 weeks. The first night we put her in there is when she started sttn. Try it one night. If you hate it, it's not like you can't bring her back!
  • DD was moved to her crib at 4 weeks. DH is up very early for work and is about as quiet as a parade so it was better for her. She has been STTN for about a month now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Cooper's been in his own room for quite some time. We're got a really small house so it's not like it's far. We can hear him even without a monitor.

Cooper Thomas | 08.02.12 at 31w2d | 3lb 9oz
    TTC #2 since 10.13
    DH: Low Count and Morphology, normal blood levels | Off to a Urologist
    Me: Clear tubes, normal blood work

image image image image

• Well she is taking naps in the crib at daycare now so we may try this weekend to transition her. I LOVE having her in the room with us but it is hard for us to get ready for work in the morning without waking her up and making her cranky.
    DD 9/15/12
  • image Mrs.G123:
    image leticia715:
    Our pediatrician said that LO needed to be out of our bed by 1 week old and in her own room, in her crib, by 1 month. nbsp; We have heeded her deadlines and LO sleeps in her room, in her crib without any fuss or problems. nbsp; She still wakes up about every 4 hours to eat or be reswaddled, but she has not been back in our room since 1 month. nbsp; nbsp;Even though I thought the doctor was a harda, it has been a great transition LO was a very noisy sleeper and no one was getting any rest.nbsp;
    I would so not be down with this kind if pedi.

Yeahhh me either. C is still in our bed. We're working on getting her in the cosleeper again, but she's going through a WW/growth spurt right now sooo she's pretty clingy. We probably won't move her to her own room until after we move in March. 

• I sleep in her room on the futon while she sleeps in the rnp ...it's easier for motn feedings...my dh and I miss me being in our bed but I'll move out when she's going 68 hours without the boob...sex happens only on weekends anyway and who needs a bed for that??
    FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • we are moving her friday.  She is currently in the PNP in our room.  She slept in a motion thing for her first month and then we got her moved to the PNP in early decmember and has been fine.  She too is a loud sleeper and we have a video monitor and she wont have a bumper/blanket etc in her crib so I am hoping we all sleep better:-)
  • lo has been in her own room since she was a little over a month. i do miss her being in our room with us, but once dh went back to work, i felt he would get better sleep if i nursed/changed in another room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards