Preemies

Formula

Good morning! 

My preemie (6 weeks early born 7/30) is ready to go off the neosure and there are just so many choices of formula! Anyone have any opinions on what is best or know a good site to compare them all? My doctor said enfamil or similac is fine. Our daycare uses Gerber good starts gentle so I would like to use that if it is any good... My son does have reflux and the powder seems to be tough on his stomach. I am wondering if we go to a gentle kind if he will tolerate the powder better.

thanks for any comments!!

Re: Formula

• We just made the switch from Neosure to Similac Advance. It was a super easy switch. I mixed half and half for a few days, then reduced the amount of Neosure for a few more until it was zero. My boys don't seem to notice any difference at all. I think it smells better, too. I have a friend from the NICU that feeds her twins the Gerber because of daycare and she's had no issue either.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Some babies will do better on one or another, so you'll just have to try them out. If your daycare uses Gerber, then that's a good place to start. We went from Enfacare to Enfamil, since it was the same brand, and then switched to Similac Advance because it made her a little less gassy.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We used Similac Sensitive and then switched to Costco's Kirkland brand and she has done just fine.  Plus, it's a lot cheaper.  If daycare uses Gerber you could definitely start there and see how he does.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With both my girls I use/used Gerber Good Start Gentle. With my youngest she was on Neosure and we made the switch to Gerber Good Start Gentle and she hasn't had any issues.

• One of mine had to start Nutramigen b/c of milk protein digestion, but the other one is eating Costco's Kirkland and does just fine.  If I were you, I would start with what the DC does to keep it consistent. 
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We went from Enfamil Enfacare to Enfamil Newborn to Enfamil Gentlease.  I suspected DS was lactose intolerant since I am and DH was as a child.  Gentlease is milk based but still lactose free.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"