High-Risk Pregnancy

I think my working days are done...

I have GD, on insulin. I work nights 2x/week, 7p-7a. My numbers are good when I'm home. Whenever I eat at work, my sugar spikes. I worked all weekend, and my numbers were all wacky with my weird sleep/eat schedule. Today, I woke up and ate and my sugar was 182 after. I called to discuss my numbers over the weekend, and they want me to come in tomorrow...

Re: I think my working days are done...

• I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow. I know it's best for me and LO, and I have tons of sick time, so I'll get paid for a while, and we have savings for maternity leave, so I'm not terribly worried about it. I'm more worried about leaving my coworkers short, and the comments/reactions I'll get.

• image emriley84:
    I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow. I know it's best for me and LO, and I have tons of sick time, so I'll get paid for a while, and we have savings for maternity leave, so I'm not terribly worried about it. I'm more worried about leaving my coworkers short, and the comments/reactions I'll get.

I work in the same situation. Do not worry one single bit what anyone else says, you need to do what is best for you and baby. Do not feel guilty about them working short, that is the manager/supervisors issue to take care of.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers