October 2012 Moms

Birthmarks

Did you know that 80 of children are born with a birthmark?!

I have a freckle the size of a pencil eraser on my right knee. Maybe tmi and also weird but I also have one downstairs that's half the size of the knee one. I don't know if I've always had it though. I never have my lady bits much mind till pregnancy!!

That being said, from what I can tell LO doesn't have a birthmark. Though it looks like he has a dark spot on his upper lip. I guess I'll have to wait till he's bigger to know what it is!!

So do you or LO have any birthmarks?!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthmarks

• I love your use of excessive ! and ?.

Yes. She has a small strawberry birthmark behind her left ear. Its not as big as my two, but its there and she definitely got it from me.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • I don't count freckles as birthmarks. I don't have one, I don't think DH or DS does either.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image Britt1406:
    I don't count freckles as birthmarks. I don't have one, I don't think DH or DS does either.

The one on my knee has always been there. Ones on my face or arms I wouldn't count because I haven't always had them.
  • I haven't seen any. Although we are hoping that Ashley got my husbands skin tone and not mine. I am Irish and German so I am very fair skinned and covered in freckles so it's hard for me to be in the sun. MH is Italian and has no problems being in the sun and never gets burned.

• Both of my daughters have a red spot a little bigger then quarter size on the back of the neck.  I thought it was a pretty common spot and would go away but my older daughter is 11 and still has it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image ellcore:
    I love your use of excessive ! and ?.

Yes. She has a small strawberry birthmark behind her left ear. Its not as big as my two, but its there and she definitely got it from me.

I get excited when I learn new useless information. If you would prefer I could try text talking or caps lock everything!
  • image amb5353:
    image ellcore:
    I love your use of excessive ! and ?. Yes. She has a small strawberry birthmark behind her left ear. Its not as big as my two, but its there and she definitely got it from me.
    I get excited when I learn new useless information. If you would prefer I could try text talking or caps lock everything!

I prefer caps. Thanks. ;) 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • My daughter has one on her bum, my son doesn't have one. My husbands also has one on his bum and mine is on my left thigh.
  • I have one on my lower back.  Spence has a small one on his upper left shoulder.  When he was first born it was a white mark on his skin and I got concerned.  But the pediatrician told us that how birthmarks started out. 

image image image image
  • rain, do they have red hair by any chance? All of the redheads I know, including myself have the strawberry kiss in their hairline. LO has it also.

• image ellcore:

image amb5353:
    image ellcore:
    I love your use of excessive ! and ?.

I prefer caps. Thanks. ;) 

I'LL KEEP THAT IN MIND :
  • Cooper's got some stork bites on his forehead, but I read those usually go away. Nothing else that I can see though. I don't have any.

Cooper Thomas | 08.02.12 at 31w2d | 3lb 9oz
    TTC #2 since 10.13

image image image image

TTPG July Siggy Challenge: Favorite Reality TV Show

image image
  • D has a pretty good sized mole on his lower back.  I have one on my side.  So far G doesn't have any, but if I remember right D's didn't show up until he was a little older.  Maybe 18 months.

image imageimageimage

• Both my girls have stork bites on the back of their heads.
    Birthday

• My daughter has a small one on her chest and one on her big toe. The one on her toe is dark brown and goes around the whole toe.  In the beginning it was smaller and I just assumed it was poop/dirt so I tried to scrub it off with a baby wipe Stick out tongue

She has a stork bite on the back of her neck too.  Just found out what that was thanks to Google.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alice has a strawberry hemangioma. Doc says it should go away by a year or so.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Mine has one on his left leg, above his knee.  It's a strawberry though so I think it'll go away over time.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a spot on my shoulder. Ds2 had a red mark on his eyelid. Pedi says it is part of his stroke bite so we will see if it stays.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Ds1 has a small hemangioma on his neck that is almost faded away at this point (He is 2 1/2). Ds2 doesn't have any that I've noticed so far, but he has red hair, so he'll probably have freckles!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a freckle moly thing on my arm. So far, I havent seen one on LO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO has one on her inner left thigh, noticeable during diaper changes. She also has a large one on the back of her head, you can see the red through her hair. We originally thought it was red from her traumatic birth but it never went away, and we realized its a birthmark. Neither DH nor I have one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Displaying photo.JPG Displaying photo.JPG
                                                       TTC since Feb 2010
                              BFP #1- 7.03.10 Missed MC, d&c 8.9.10 (10 wks)
                              BFP #2- 12.16.10 Natural MC 12.25.10 (6 wks)
                              BFP #3- 2.19.12 Welcome baby girl! (Oct 26, 2012)
                              BFP #4- 1.11.14  Due in September- 2 under 2
  • image Cherry3142:
    rain, do they have red hair by any chance? All of the redheads I know, including myself have the strawberry kiss in their hairline. LO has it also.

No my older daughter is blonde and has been since birth and my LO has dark hair so far :-)

BabyFruit Ticker