Craft Corner

Weekly Craft Checkin! (Week of Jan. 7)

1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?)

2. What are your plans for this week?

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they?  For those with older kids, do they do crafts too?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Craft Checkin! (Week of Jan. 7)

• 1. That amazing potholder!  :)  haha.  It's far from perfect, but it was a good starting point.

2. Make more potholders!  I'm going to try other designs and shapes.

3. As my tickers say: I have a 19 month old daughter and a 3.5 month old son.  I'm hoping they will get into crafts when they are older!  I will definitely promote it.
  • 1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?) helped my sister learn to cable knit (she's making an infinity scarf) and started a new baby blanket

2. What are your plans for this week? working on the baby blanket, and I have two finished that needs the ends woven in

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they?  For those with older kids, do they do crafts too? No kids yet, TTC #1. but I learned knitting from my momma so I hope my future children will craft with me.

******************************************************************************************************************************
    TTC #1 10/12, BFP 4/16/13, EDD 12/22/13, DD arrived 12/30/13
    Pro support
    Blogness
  • 1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?) I took a crafting break after the craziness of Christmas (but I took down the tree and put away all the decorations last week).

2. What are your plans for this week? Finish the 2 soft books that I have partially complete, finish crochetting an amigurimi for DD that has been 3/4 of the way done for the last 2 months but got back burnered for Christmas projects!

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they?  For those with older kids, do they do crafts too? My one and only daughter turned 2 back in mid-October (we'd like to start TTC #2 sometime later this winter/early spring).  She will do some crafting - mostly painting, colouring, and making a mess!  I can't wait for her to be a bit older and able to do more with me.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1. What did you accomplish: I made the pastel hearts with our names on it (to look like valentines day conversation hearts) and put them on red ribbon with a bow on top (no pic yet... Ill do one tonight if I remember)

2. what are your plans for this week? Im making a chalkboard frame!!! I bought a frame from Goodwill yesterday for $5.99 and some chalkboard paint and colorful chalk... I can't freaking wait!!!

3. GTKY: I have one son who is 8 months old today.  We are currently ttc for #2 right now... we have done a craft with Kyler for Fathers day last year (he was only a few weeks old) we did my husband handprint in brown paint and Kylers handprint in the palm of my husbands with blue ink (his rooms colors)... Kylers print is more of a blue blob, but I still love it haha 

• image mamarazzi528:
    1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?) Nothing overly crafty, but I did finish putting down floor tiles in all my lower cabinets.  
    2. What are your plans for this week?  Looking for a low chest of drawers for my bathroom(Hubby still hasn't made a closet for my bathroom and it has been 3 yrs and I sick of not having storage in the bathroom).  I am trying to find one that I can paint and turn it rustic looking for my outhouse theme bathroom!

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they?  For those with older kids, do they do crafts too?I have 1 DD who is 5 and she loves to do crafts, soon she will learn how to stitch a straight line on my sewing machine Smile

• 1. I've been working on a felt applique stocking and it's very slow going. I also spray painted an old mirror to put in our foyer.

2. I plan to continue working on the stocking this week.

3. I have a 2 y/o DD, who likes to craft, but her crafting attention span is very short. She'd rather play with her dolls and doll house.

• 1. I made a bunch of knit dresses for our DD- she started preschool today, and I get so annoyed when shopping for her these days, because these tiny little dresses take like 30 minutes to serge up, and less than half a yard of fabric. Even at Target prices, it just drives me nuts! ;)

2. I'm working on some more toys with my new scroll saw. I looove it! It's so much better than my old Harbor Freight POS. I also really adore Flying Dutchman blades- if anyone else has a scroll saw, these blades are so amazing compared to the sh!tty ones I can find at Home Depot/Lowes, and crazy inexpensive.

3. 5.5yo son, 3yo DD. My son LOVES to help me do anything- I think I'll teach him to sew and use the scroll saw over his summer break. He is not nearly as interested in craft projects/drawing/painting as his sister, though- she's a lot like I was, drawing and painting at every opportunity. They attend a Montessori school, and she managed to find the easel and paint in her first hour there. ;)

• 1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?) Finished on set of ruffle cutains ( they weren't to bad)

2. What are your plans for this week? Finish the other set.

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they? For those with older kids, do they do crafts too?  I have an 18 month old DS and a DD that will be here in Feb.
  • 1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?)
    I spray painted a wicker basket to go in our bathroom to hold towels and we finished staging the bathroom, living room, and kitchen for when we list our home to sell.

2. What are your plans for this week?
    Keep working on a quilt I've been doing for the past 2 years. Crazy, I know, but that's what happens when nursing school and 2 kids join the mix.  I also want to start the crib teething rail covers.  DS1 has turned into a beaver and is ruining them.

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they?  For those with older kids, do they do crafts too?
    I've got 2 boys.  DS1 turned 14 months yesterday and DS2 turned 2 months on the 4th.  DS1 loves to fingerpaint!

I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • 1. What did you accomplish last week? (Any pictures to share?)I did not get much done last week. I looked into a Thomas the Train birthday theme. I found a ton of cute ideas.

2. What are your plans for this week? I plan to do some scrapbooking.

3. GTKY: How many kids do you have and how old are they?  For those with older kids, do they do crafts too? I have one he is almost 10 months. I hope he will enjoy creating things to. He does some craft/art projects at home and school (i.e. fingerpainting).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards