Secondary IF

Non-clicky poll: Did you have trouble TTC #1?

I tried to make this a clicky poll but The Bump is not being very cooperative this morning.  Anyway, since I am new (again) to this board, I had a few questions for anyone who feels like sharing:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?

4) What is your plan for treatment?

Re: Non-clicky poll: Did you have trouble TTC #1?

• image gennyu:

I tried to make this a clicky poll but The Bump is not being very cooperative this morning.  Anyway, since I am new (again) to this board, I had a few questions for anyone who feels like sharing:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?  No, DS was conceived our 7th cycle trying and pretty much a dream pregnancy.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?  This is Cycle 19.  We started trying shortly before DS' 1st birthday.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?  I have been diagnosed with high FSH (10 to be exact), and I have a previous history of endometriosis.  DH's tests all came back perfect.

4) What is your plan for treatment?  Our RE is strongly in favor of IVF becuase he suspects the FSH is indicative of poor egg quality (my reserve appears to be fine).  DH and I are not open to IVF at this point so we are currently on our fourth cycle of Clomid and considering injectables as our next step.

• 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Nope, within first couple of months

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? On and off for over 2 years (mostly on) with one early m/c in that timeframe

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?  Unexplained fertility - Everything checks out on all testing.  i have had two fibroids removed, those could have ben a factor I guess.

4) What is your plan for treatment?  Waiting for CD1 to start a medicated IUI cycle.  I think we're up for a few IUIs but not sure we will progress beyond that, however I don't think we will know what we want to do until we're in that position. Right now I think I'm unrealistically optimistic!

• Good Morning! 

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?  Yes, It took us a long time to get DD.  I got pregnant on the first cycle of femara. 

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 12 Months at the start of this year.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? Unexplained infertility, so frustrating.  

4) What is your plan for treatment? My last 2 cycles we did injectibles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnant with Letrazole (Femara) on the first cycle with DD after TTC 2+ years
    TTC#2 with Letrazole (Femara) since January 2012
    BFP 06.29.12 EDD 03.11.13 natural m/c 07.13.12
    BFP 09.22.12 EDD 05.31.13 natural m/c 10.07.12
    CP 11.09.12
    BFP 01.01.13 EDD 09.15.13 d&c 01.24.13

BFP 03.26.13 EDD 12.04.13

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hope it's ok if I answer, even though I'm technically about to be a graduate of this board.

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?: Yes.  We had to do IVF for both pregnancies.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?: DD was just born in June.  Due to my age (will be 40 in less than 2 months), and the fact that we knew we'd have to go to IVF again, we TTC on our own for a couple of months, while prepping for IVF #2 in November, and then got right back to it.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?: DH had not issues.  I have a blocked tube.

4) What is your plan for treatment?: We did IVF again, and were lucky enough to have it work on the first try again.

DH and I: 41; 10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1 Yes. With DS I had 3 cycles on Clomid with my gyn and I got pregnant on my first injection B2B IUI cycle with my RE.

2 We started seeing the RERE in August. I'm currently in my 3rd IUI cycle.

3 RE says lean PCOS. I have highly irregular period, usually 1 or 2 a year without meds which makes ttc on our own really difficult.

4 GonalF / Ovidrel /B2B IUI this cycle. This will be our last before switching to IVF.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image laurid75:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Nope, within first couple of months

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? On and off for over 2 years (mostly on) with one early m/c in that timeframe

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?  Unexplained fertility - Everything checks out on all testing.  i have had two fibroids removed, those could have ben a factor I guess.

4) What is your plan for treatment?  Waiting for CD1 to start a medicated IUI cycle.  I think we're up for a few IUIs but not sure we will progress beyond that, however I don't think we will know what we want to do until we're in that position. Right now I think I'm unrealistically optimistic!

Just curious, will you be using Clomid/Femara or injectibles for your IUI?

• image Lauren79:

Good Morning! 

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?  Yes, It took us a long time to get DD.  I got pregnant on the first cycle of femara. 

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 12 Months at the start of this year.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? Unexplained infertility, so frustrating.  

4) What is your plan for treatment? My last 2 cycles we did injectibles.

Your DD is just precious!  I'm sorry about your losses.

• image nawlinsgrl:

I hope it's ok if I answer, even though I'm technically about to be a graduate of this board.

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?: Yes.  We had to do IVF for both pregnancies.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?: DD was just born in June.  Due to my age (will be 40 in less than 2 months), and the fact that we knew we'd have to go to IVF again, we TTC on our own for a couple of months, while prepping for IVF #2 in November, and then got right back to it.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?: DH had not issues.  I have a blocked tube.

4) What is your plan for treatment?: We did IVF again, and were lucky enough to have it work on the first try again.

Congrats on your success! Best wishes!

• 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Yes, after going off BCP I did not have cycles unless medically induced.  After 22 months of trying different methods we did IVF and the first IVF cycle was successful.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? We never used any BCP after having DS 33 months ago .. I guess that's about how long we've been trying, but we just went back to the RE in August and have had 1 FET cycle.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? RE thinks it's "Hypothalamic Amennorhea" but he has no idea why it would happen to me and why I wouldn't have cycles after having DS #1.. so not really ..

4) What is your plan for treatment? FET cycle #2 coming up, and if we have to we still have 2 more frozen vials of embryos for additional cycles.  If none of these 3 cycles work we will probably move on to adoption eventually or be one and done ..

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Dx: Hypothalamic Amennorhea (Unexplained) DS #1: IVF #1 - Born: 3/15/10 TTC #2: FET Cycle #1: BFP 11/4/12(HPT) - Beta #1: 61.8 Beta #2: 60 :( Beta #3: 14 Natural M/C FET Cycle #2: ET: 2/13/13, BFP 2/20/13 (HPT) - Beta #1:9dp5dt(2/22/13) - 93.1 - Beta #2:12dp5dt - 543
  • e74e74
    100 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

Yes.   

almost 4 years (in April) 

I have a high FSH, DH has sperm issues as well 

We are doing another IVF with donor eggs and sperm in January.   Hoping this one works, not sure what the plan will be next.  

TTC#2 since 4/09

Found out in 8/2011 that FSH was 25. Only option given to us was DEIVF

12/11 DEIVF= 12 retrieved, 6 mature, 6 embryos, stopped growing on day 3

DEIVF#2= 16 retrieved, 10 mature, 10 embryos, 6 stopped growing, 2 transferred, 2 frozen =BFN :(

FET#1- neither thawed-- bfn

FET#2- 7/27/12 with donor embryos. Beta 8/7 BFN

FET #3--9/28/12 with donor embryos. Beta 10/9 BFN

DEIVF#3- jan 2013
  • 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?  Yes found out DH does not have sperm (azoospermia) and it is due to CBAVD (he does not have a vas deferens) due to having atypical cystic fibrosis. 

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?  We can never have biological children without PESA IVF/ICSI so a FET miscarriage and D &C and IVF #2 which resulted in no embryos to transfer.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?  DH's is above, and I found out during IVF #2 that I have low AMH and possibly DOR.

4) What is your plan for treatment?  We are 100% OOP for all of this and have spent a small fortune we do not have from 2 fresh IVF's and a nonviable pregnancy from a FET, I am hoping and praying 2013 is our year and that I can convince DH to try IVF #3 as a last chance.  My goal is to cycle end of March into April 2013 and try MDLF protocol with no bcp and acupuncture as always. 

Wishing you well!!!

DH: 32 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 37 DOR and poor AMH/FSH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts :) :) Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/PESA/AH EPP July or August 2014???? adding DHEA and CoQ10 for Embryo Quality
  • image gennyu:
    :1 Did you have trouble TTC 1 or subsequent? Nope. Conceived cycle 1
    2. How long have you been TTC 2 or subsequent?
    2 years this month
    Do you have an official diagnosis? Age, I will be 39 in May
    What is your plan for treatment?
    IVF. We did three rounds of IUI

After 2 losses and secondary infertility our family is now complete!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image gennyu:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Yes (Almost 3 years)

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 7 cycles now

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? ovarian dysfunction, lupus, endometriosis, and PSOS plus SO has low motility.

4) What is your plan for treatment? For now, supplements for SO and then if I continue to have wacky cycles I will start with Clomid if SO's motility has improved. If it hasn't, he will go to a urologist for treatment and we will go from there. 

Carly

First month TTCing #2 7/12

My DX: Lupus, PCOS, LPD and LP/DH's DX: LM
    m/c 10/04, m/c 7/05
    Pregnant with DD, after 3 rounds of Clomid, 8/06, loss of her twin 11/06
    m/c 1/09, mc 2/13, c/p 5/13
    1st round of Clomid this time (50 mg) 10/13- BFN
    2nd round of Clomid (100 mg) 11/13- BFN
    Cycle #18: 12/13- Break from meds for yet another HSG for me and yet another SA for DH. We're on our own this month! 

Potato Launcher

• image gennyu:
    image laurid75:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Nope, within first couple of months

Just curious, will you be using Clomid/Femara or injectibles for your IUI?

Clomid....

• 1 Did you have trouble TTC 1 or subsequent?: Sort of.nbsp; Was told I would likely need help but was young decided to wait. Then with charting mucous we got a surprise. I was somewhat regular back then.2 How long have you been TTC 2 or subsequent?: DD2 doesn't really count so 4.5 years now.nbsp; Although she is still young we are trying again with the expectation it may take a long time but preparedness that it may not.3 Do you have an official diagnosis?: DH has no issues.nbsp; I have PCOS, do not ovulate and therefore get no cycles on my own. I also rarely respond to medication or once over responded had ohss bad enough to be hospitalized.4 What is your plan for treatment?: We are going to try Clomid again while we save for injectables/IUI. We will try injectables a few times while we save for each injects cycle we may still do Clomid in between. If this all fails after several attempts we will save up this will take forever and switch clinics and try IVF before giving up or seeking adoption or another form.
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Aquinnah Dori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? No, conceived DD on cycle 6.  Perfect pregnancy.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? since June 2011 - 1.5 years and 4 losses later....

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? low AMH, DH is normal.

4) What is your plan for treatment?  IVF #1 this month!

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image gennyu:

We had one miscarriage prior to our DS.

We tried from September 2011-June 2012. and had 2 losses.  We took a break the last 6 months or so, and we began TTC again this cycle.

No, my first RE appointment is Wednesday.  I suspect a luteal phase deficiency from my charts, but I'm hoping to find out if there's something that can be found and treated.

None yet

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image gennyu:

Hi.  I mostly lurk because we aren't finishing testing or starting treatment yet, but this serves as a useful intro:

#1 conceived first cycle trying

Not preventing since March 2011, actively TTC since June 2011. 

1st RE appt in June 2012: all normal (transvaginal u/s, and TSH and prolactin levels.  Charting shows regular ovulation), but full testing not completed for financial reasons (we are 100% OOP).  DH has low motility, but great numbers, so total motile sperm are within range.

RE recommended clomid IUI last June because that is their standard treatment plan for unexplained dx.  Changed recommendation to unmedicated IUI after DH's SA results came back.  I just finished grad school last month and am currently job hunting (and likely moving).  We will finish testing and begin treatment once we are both gainfully employed in our new situation.  Gotta love the waiting game.

Lurking here has been a great support.  Thanks for putting your thoughts, struggles, and support out there, ladies!  I always find hope in your successes.  GL!

TTC#2 since March 2011
    RE appt June 2012: transvaginal ultrasound, prolactin and TSH bloodwork all normal. SA Normal (slightly low motility, great numbers; total motile sperm within normal range)
    Further treatment and testing on hold until graduate degree (check!) and employment obtained (WIP).

Chart
  • image gennyu:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Yep. It took 18 cycles, 3 of which were with an RE

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? This will be cycle 13. We went to a different RE for the first few, but went back to our first RE last spring. After 3 cycles I got pregnant, but m/c at 9 weeks. Three cycles later and nothin'. We took a break last month and will be on to our first IUI this month.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? DH is prefect. As for me, I have PCOS, hypothyroid, and a short luteal phase.

4) What is your plan for treatment? We had been doing Metformin + Clomid + TI + HCG booster post ovulation. This month we will try Metformin + Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• 1 Did you have trouble TTC 1 or subsequent?
    No, DS was somewhat a surprise.

2 How long have you been TTC 2 or subsequent?
    No problems when I had the c/p. But now yes.

3 Do you have an official diagnosis?
    Not yet, I'm waiting on a call from the RE.

4 What is your plan for treatment?
    N/A yet.
    DS: 8/9/11
    Cycle 22: BFFP EDD Aug 30, 2014 
    Beta 1: 17.9- Beta 2: 74.9- Beta 3: 341-
    U/S 1/6/14
    IT'S A GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image gennyu:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Yes, it took 15 cycles.  First month of Clomid was successful.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 14 cycles.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? Nope, all the test come back normal.  RE suspects poor egg quality (I'm 36).  She recommended IVF however that is not the route DH or I want to go.

4) What is your plan for treatment? We have done 4 IUI's with Letrozole.  Last cycle we added Follistim and got less eggs so we will continue with the Letrozole and IUI's for 2 more cycles and then call it a day.  I can't keep living my life in limbo like this.

• image gennyu:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? Yes, DH had no motility or quality. I was "fine" but did the iodine clean out just to help clear the way. We added one piece every month until coming to our first IUI. I was told it was a long shot but one of my two 16's took. I had a perfect pregnancy! She came three weeks early but better then her daddy who came 6wks early. They too had difficulty and he is there only.  

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? June 2012

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? This time around everything looks better then perfect with DH. I have not ideal thyroid numbers so started lowest dose for that. I am underweight if anything. 

4) What is your plan for treatment? We started this month with FAMARA and Ovulation trigger shot. Next month I think we will just go all in with another IUI. We had two very early on miscarriages just before this, when not using any drugs. I would love nothing more then to creat a gift from God without medical intervention but with those two losses I don't see that being our story. We spoke before our wedding about how far would we be willing to go to have a child and drew the line at IVF.  We are also certified foster and adoption parents. We would love two of our own and 2 more that way. 

Thanks for asking I have been wondering the same thing. I found a friend at church who went through 4 IUI's before messing up on her meds and had two wonderfully healthy kids as a result. I followed her mess up and got prego on our first IUI. If not for her don't know where we would be. She went on to get prego on accident after that. Life likes to make us look back and laugh.

Hope this helps  

• 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? No, he was conceived on the first cycle.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 15 cycles, but it's been 18 months. We took a couple cycles off when we were moving.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? Nope, but if this cycle is a bust I have an appointment with my doctor at the end of the month and we'll address it then.

two kids
    they rule.
  • 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? It took 8 months/5 cycles.....my cycles were crazy-long back then, so it's a wonder it didn't take longer!!

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 16 months

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? PCOS

4) What is your plan for treatment? this is my last cycle before we do Femara, trigger, and TI.

Me-33 DH-33

DD #1 BFP 6-1-06 after 8 months of TTC

TTC #2 since July 2011

1st RE Appt 11/28/12 DX with PCOS, HSG and SA=Normal

Feb 2013-June 2013, 3 TI cycles and 2 IUI cyles with Letrozole, Ovidrel, and Dexamethasone=BFN!!!

July 2013-August 2013....taking a break and praying for a miracle

Fall 2013...will attempt IUI #3 and then seek 2nd opinion if it's a bust too

• 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?  Yes. We tried for over a year, started treatment with RE, and were blessed with DD after IUI #2 with Femera. 

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?  It has been 10 months (started right before DDs 1st birthday last March) and we went back to the RE right away when we decided to try again. Very frustrating. 

3) Do you have an official diagnosis?  Undiagnosed infertility both times. Also very frustrating! 

4) What is your plan for treatment?  We have tried several IUI cycles (both Femera and Follistim injections) and one round of IVF this time. We just started BCPs for IVF #2. Praying #2 is our lucky number. :)

image image

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
  • image gennyu:

1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)? No, both DDs were conceived in 2 cycles of trying.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)? 15 months.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? The ever-frustrating unexplained diagnosis. I did have calcified retained placenta removed in Sept, but still no luck and weird cycles with spotting starting as early as 5dpo. 

4) What is your plan for treatment? Currently on our first cycle using 50mg of clomid. 

Both DDs conceived 2nd cycle, 10/08 and 08/10
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx chronic annovulation/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 -> increased doses = 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP at 10dpiui! Beta 12dpiui = 130, 14dpiui = 342, 21dpiui = 4695, Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc and baby measuring 7w4d. Done TTC indefinitely. 

• 1 It took 11 months to conceive DD.

2 Weve been trying for about 13 months.

3 Dont really have a diagnosis yet.

4 The plan now is to try Clomid and to keep doing opk.
    imageimage
    Kirsten Kay Amy Born 12-17-10 10:18 pm 6lbs. 8oz. 20inches long Born at 37w0d
    imageimageimage
  • 1) Did you have trouble TTC #1 (or subsequent)?  Not really, it took about 9 months but no medical help.

2) How long have you been TTC #2 (or subsequent)?  On and off for since June 2012.

3) Do you have an official diagnosis? PCOS

4) What is your plan for treatment?  Metformin and waiting for AF to come visit again after 5 months (which just happened in Dec!)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker