Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Care.com question

Hi there!

I wanted to know if anyone has used care.com. I don't have any family in our area and my DH and I have very little time alone. I would love to find a sitter and am considering signing up with this site. If you have used it what was your experience? Is it worth the membership fee? Thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Care.com question

• We signed up and reached out to a couple people and literally never heard back from any I them so it was a waste for us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBlueCards:
    We signed up and reached out to a couple people and literally never heard back from any I them so it was a waste for us.

Thats really too bad. Thanks for the responce! 

• Loading the player...
  • We found our daycare provider through Care.com and I think my friend has used it before. I haven't tried it for babysitters though. We had a good experience. I could see how it would differ depending on the area. I specifically signed up to contact the one daycare person. I saw her profile and knew I wanted to talk to her. She had been great.
    Carrie An infertility veteran, survivor and champion. However, have a beautiful son and another one on the way!
  • I heard back and I hired a girl.  Did background checks, in person checks, etc. and we had a terrible experience where she worked for us for two months and then totally disappeared without any reason or phone calls.  It was very disturbing.

However, with that being said things like that can happen with any babysitter etc.   

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • i have used care.com and sittercity.com

also reach out to local colleges by you - may be able to advertise online, through their student newspaper especially if you are only looking for occasional baby sitter. 

• Thank you everyone for the suggestions and for sharing your experiences. I think I may try reaching out to the local college frist or even stopping by the after school program at the school across from my house and checking to see if any of the workers might be interested in periodicly babysitting.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"