October 2012 Moms

Working moms...

I need some words of encouragement from those of you that have already returned to work. Tomorrow is my first day back teaching and I'm already upset that I have to leave DS. He will be staying with my mom, which makes me feel a little better but I just don't want to leave my little man! At this rate I will be a total wreck when I get to work tomorrow!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Working moms...

• Leaving DD was hard for the first few days. But eventually it got a little easier and now I even enjoy going to work. It's nice to utilize skills that aren't my mommy skills and speak with adults on a daily basis. When I come home each day I'm sooooo ready to see DD and snuggle with her. I do miss her during the day, but overall I think it's been good to go back to work. It's another dimension in my life. You are extremely lucky to have your mom watch your LO! Part of the difficulty for me in the beginning was leaving DD at a daycare with people I didn't know well.
    TTC #1 since 4/2011. Cycle 1 = BFN. Cycle 2 = BFN. Cycle 3 = BFP 6/28. CP 7/2. Cycle 4 = TTA. Cycle 5 = BFN. Started progesterone. Cycle 6 = Disaster. Cycle 7 = Progesterone. BFN Cycle 8 = BFN. Cycle 9 = BFN. Cycle 10 = BFP 1/1/12. C/P 1/8/12. Cycle 11 = BFP 2/3. Stick! Due 10/15/12. Baby girl arrived via c-section on 10/10/12 after 20 hours of labor. Welcome my love!
  • I was in your boat a month ago. I cried all night and that whole morning. Even as I drove to work. My LO was with my mom too so she texted pictures and updates. It gets easier but not better... You will always miss them. Even after a long weekend it gets hard for me. You will do great though. It's ok to cry! All the girls I work with were so supportive. They understood exactly how I felt. I'm sure you will see similar support at work :
  • As PP said, the first few days are HARD, but it's gets much easier. Plus you know your mom will be loving LO all day long. It will be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• It will be ok. Try to focus on why you are working when you feel low. Personally I have cherished every moment much more with the baby since I've been working. Good luck.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Even with our daycare woes, I actually love being back at work. I feel useful in a different way, get adult interaction, and my back gets a break from holding the baby. I enjoy the evenings and weekends with K so much now, and I don't dread waking up early or even mind when she cries as much because I love spending time with her and I'm not burnt out babywise. I was sad to leave her, and you will be too, but it does get better and you have the added benefit of knowing she's in good hands!
  • It does get better. Having something of his helped me through, like a onesie or a hat or something. 
  • I'm going back tomorrow too. Pretty much sucks. I was hoping to become independently wealthy in the time that I was off but no such luck. I hate leaving any of them but I know its so we can let them do extra things and have fun family vacations and be more financially secure.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image nickell5:
    I'm going back tomorrow too. Pretty much sucks. I was hoping to become independently wealthy in the time that I was off but no such luck. I hate leaving any of them but I know its so we can let them do extra things and have fun family vacations and be more financially secure.

I keep telling myself that I NEED to go back to work but I'm really not wanting to!

Thank you all for the words of encouragement! I feel a little better!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My hubby sent me pictures at lunch time the first few days. It made me feel good. Most of us work because we have to. So just remember you are at work because you need to provide for your baby. And then when you get home smother them with kisses.
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• I will second all those responses that the first day will be tough.  But take comfort that your mother is watching your DS.  After the first day, I actually really liked the adult interactions, although I still thought of my LO constantly!