June 2013 Moms

Beco vs. Ergo?

Wondering which baby carrier ppl seem to like better? The Beco comes in adorable prints but the Ergo seems so common. I used a baby Bjorne with my older daughter but never really thought it was that comfortable.
Also petunia pickle bottom makes one called the Sightseer but, I know nothing about it ....any feed back?

Re: Beco vs. Ergo?

• The ergo was a much wider seat so it will last y'all longer! Try to find a local store that carries them both. Most cloth diaper stores do and they'll let you come try both on And compare
    Baby #2 Due 6/10/13! EBF, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, ERF, homemade babyfood making, "semi crunchy" momma! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We had both and I preferred the Ergo. My daughter got a few months longer in the Ergo than the Beco but we had to buy a toddler carrier around 15 months because she was no longer knee to knee in either of those. The main advantage to the Beco is if you go with the Beco Butterfly, you can put the baby in the carrier and then put the baby on your back, whereas with the Ergo (and most every other carrier), you put the baby on your back and then pull the carrier up around the baby. I liked the Beco when I was nervous about doing back carries but strongly preferred the Ergo once I got the hang of doing back carries. I really hated the Beco after that! The Beco also comes with a newborn insert whereas you'd have to purchase a separate newborn insert with the Ergo. I personally wouldn't use either for a newborn--we always use wraps or ring slings for the first 4 months and then switch to the Ergo after that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have an ergo and love it.

Bjorn carriers fall into the "crotch dangler" category and don't support baby's hips, and facing out is hard on baby's back and mama's back so that maybe was why it wasn't comfortable.

With my ergo, I feel as comfortable as if I'm wearing one of those thick dorky backpacks. They are great!
    Pg with #2
  • Beco was nice becasue the child can face out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't speak about the Beco, but we LOVE our Ergo! I can wear it for extended periods of time comfortably. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm leaning toward the Beco Gemini bc it allows baby to face out which is something the other two don't. 

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • We have the Ergo I love it. While I love the idea of a younger baby facing out it's bad for their hips because they're not properly supported. When DS2 was a newborn he usually fell asleep anyway. Around 6 months I started carrying him on my back, he can see just fine and I feel like I have more freedom than I would if he was facing out on my chest. It's very comfortable, I carried him like that for 3 hours at the zoo in 90 degree heat I could have gone longer then that even. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemjune3881:
    Beco was nice becasue the child can face out.

Just research the effects of facing out. A lot of Babywearing professionals as well as physical therapist strongly discourage it because it can lead to over stimulation and it's an unnatural shape that baby's spine is in.

A proper carrier, such as a beco is much better than facing out in a bjorn BUT still read into it.
    Baby #2 Due 6/10/13! EBF, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, ERF, homemade babyfood making, "semi crunchy" momma! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageAlliSam:
    imagemjune3881:
    Beco was nice becasue the child can face out.

Just research the effects of facing out. A lot of Babywearing professionals as well as physical therapist strongly discourage it because it can lead to over stimulation and it's an unnatural shape that baby's spine is in.

A proper carrier, such as a beco is much better than facing out in a bjorn BUT still read into it.

Thank you all for the input! I figured this would be the perfect place to get good info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"