Options

Let's talk about booze.

13»

Re: Let's talk about booze.

• Options
    imagekestock120:

imagelinabeau:
    imagekestock120:
    Sorry, but if you're dreaming about booze and jonesing for it that hardcore it sounds like you have a bit of an alcohol problem.
    I'm not jonesing for drinking, it's the actual taste that I'm craving. The same way you'd think about hot cocoa. Truthfully, I think it's the wheat/carb thing. I've been craving carbs a lot and I think that's the correlation. As much as I'd love to claim alcoholism, I'm just not that girl.

I'll be honest  and say I didn't read the bazillion responses before making my statement. Based on your OP it made it sound like 'OMG I want a drink so bad right now!', so yeah, I judged. I will say that I am pretty lax about all the "rules" during pregnancy.  Hell, I had a mimosa at 15 weeks last time after a hot air balloon ride that I wasn't supposed to go on. I eat lunch meat and drink a cup of coffee a day, too. That doesn't make me a bad mom, either.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is I can understand cravings and I apologize for coming across so judgey before.

:) compared to what I fielded yesterday, that hardly felt like judgment. Fret not.  

I have a blog that has nothing to do with babies. http://www.halftruthofawholelife.com
  • Options
    oh well.. as you said its your personal choice... go drink if you want to.. anyway its your body, its your pregnancy, its your baby, its your life... take note, you are going to be a mom after several months now.. you have to make tough choices and be more responsible with the choices you make.. if your cravings are so so important for you to be soothed, knowing all the risks, its your call..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

All this thread did for me was make me want a Hot Pocket, Doritos, and fancy root beer. Thankfully Im too sick to eat any of them, so I wont expose my child to processed foods. The horror.

Otherwise OP, knock yourself out. I had one small glass of red wine when I was 39 weeks last time, at the suggestion of my midwife to help me sleep. I felt guilty the entire time I drank it, and it was exactly 2 fingers worth of wine. I fought too long for that pregnancy to chance any of the what ifs. And this baby will be the same. If an occasional drink is your thing, than its your thing. Personally its a risk Im not willing to take, because I have had to ask myself those ?what ifs? and they are haunting.  

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"