June 2013 Moms

stroller- baby trend expedition

We went to the store and looked at strollers and are completely overwhelemed.  I like to jog and walk for exercise so I would like to get a jogging stroller.  My husband and I each picked out a stroller and they ended up being the same one so I'm hoping you can help us out and it will be THE ONE.  Baby Trend Expedition travel system.  I have read reviews and some people love it and others despise it.  Some same they jog with it all the time and others say it wobbles so much they can barely walk with it. 

I have heard the BOB stroller is a great jogging stroller but I don't want to spend $400.  We also are only getting one stroller and using it for everything.

Any other opinions on a stroller. 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4089524

Re: stroller- baby trend expedition

• I had it and only tried to walk with it down our dirt road once. I felt like it jostled too much for a small baby. I used it with our 2 year old and it was great for a bigger kid.
    Pg with #2
  • We just bought that stroller the other day.  My local Target had it on clearance for $70, so I couldn't pass it up.  I've only pushed my toddler around the house in it, but it seems like a good stroller so far.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do Stroller Strides and there are a few moms who have that stroller and they hate it. The wheels do wobble and I think that one of those baby trend strollers has a fixed front wheel and the girls need to lift the wheel up when going around a curve. If you plan on doing any exercising with the stroller I wouldn't get it just from what I've seen and heard about it. I have a BOB and it is great. It is bulky and isn't easy to fold so I only use it for exercising. I have a city mini that I use for travel and going to the mall and stuff like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love mine. I've never had wobbly wheels, and I think it gives a really smooth ride. My only complaint is that I often pinch my fingers when I have it folded and try to get it in/out of the trunk.

On the one I have, the front wheel goes from locked to unlocked with the push of a little button. I walked with it quite a bit, jogged with it maybe ten times, and used it as my main big stroller. I took it on an "adventure walk" - one mile over pretty rugged roads and some trails - and it did really well. It goes well on pavement, dirt, and grass.  (I'm speaking in past tense because it's packed up and being shipped cross-country with the rest of our stuff right now. (We're in the middle of a move.) We didn't have the space to bring it with us on our holiday travels.)

I love it.

I'm NOT a heavy jogger, so I'm sure mine doesn't get as much wear and tear. I didn't buy it until DS was around 9 or 10 months old, and I don't have the travel system. I've never tried a more expensive stroller, so I can't compare it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You should read Baby Bargains it'll break down all the current strollers by your needs, pricing, etc
    [b] This is Mommy2CB.. Accidentally logged out of my acct and then couldn't get back in! Created this acct for now but hopefully ill be back on my regular sn soon! [/b]
  • I used it for BabyBootCamp jogging a mile and a half at a time. As long as you lock The front wheel It rarely wobbles. I love it!!!
    Baby #2 Due 6/10/13! EBF, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, ERF, homemade babyfood making, "semi crunchy" momma! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image ilovemarfa:
    I do Stroller Strides and there are a few moms who have that stroller and they hate it. The wheels do wobble and I think that one of those baby trend strollers has a fixed front wheel and the girls need to lift the wheel up when going around a curve. If you plan on doing any exercising with the stroller I wouldn't get it just from what I've seen and heard about it. I have a BOB and it is great. It is bulky and isn't easy to fold so I only use it for exercising. I have a city mini that I use for travel and going to the mall and stuff like that.

Ditto. Most of the moms in my stroller strides class who start with baby trends eventually get BOBs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we almost bought that exact stroller system, but based on reviews/ the weight and ease of use we decided on the BOB.

BOB is much more pricier but sometimes checking craigslist/kijiji you can find a decent shape stroller and then just buy the car seat new.

I found a 1 yr old BOB on kijiji for $125

the baby trend expedition is quite a bit heavier then the BOB and the BOB is better for jogging.  Ive also heard it handles much better on rough terrain.  I believe the BOB fold up quite a bit easier (i found that at least when I was testing them in store)

The BOB doesn't adjust height of handlebars though, and I've heard jogging with it is tough if your over 5'10 

My SIL had the baby trend and said the front wheel was so wobbly you could only walk with it.  Maybe the wobble issue was an older model though?  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards