Single Parents
Options

If you're living with your parents

Whats the biggest benefit?
What's your biggest complaint?

Benefit: i pay hardly anything in rent I also hardly make any money and I can go out after bedtime
Complaint: my mother wants me to raise my daughter her way but doesn't want to help. If I take over I'm doing to wrong... Constant power struggle
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live

Re: If you're living with your parents

• Options
    Perhaps you need your own place? Always good to weigh up the pros and cons......
  • Options
    imageclaire109:
    Perhaps you need your own place? Always good to weigh up the pros and cons......

Not a possible option but thanks for the .02.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom lives with me and its VERY challenging and VERY helpful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I move back to my dad's recently. He is being supportive. But sometimes we can't get along well and he keeps smoking like there is no tomorrow. I hate it!!!
    Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Benefit: the extra help and support and my DD loves to be around her.

Downfall: the unwanted advice or being told what to or how to do something
  • Options

imagesanderson109:
    Benefit: the extra help and support and my DD loves to be around her. Downfall: the unwanted advice or being told what to or how to do something

Im so happy Im not alone.

• Options

I live with my father, 

I don't really have any complaints. I mean I'm not happy with my situation, I didn't want to be here at my age, and a single mother.

But he helps out so much. The deal is as long as I'm in school he will help out. So he watches the baby so I can take a shower, and while I'm in class, and I don't have to pay rent- 

He doesn't agree with my decisions not to vax and to leave my son 'in tact' but he doesn't bother me much about it.

I suggest talking to your mom about her lack of help and over abundance of unsolicited advice. You are an adult, and a mother now too, she should hopefully understand :) good luck  

• Options
    Oh. Don't worry you're not : I can completely relate to how you feel!
  • Options
    I don't anymore, but did with my first! I loved the close relationship my son developed with his grandparents, and that the advice they had. When he would have  fever and I wanted to rush to the ER, my mom would calm me and tell me what to do. She had seven kids, so her advice was great. 
    The only downfall was not feeling self sufficient. I paid for daycare and worked and went to school. But it was still too little to live on my own for awhile. 
  • Options
    I lived with my mom not quite 2 years. The biggest benefit was no rent. I paid utilities and daycare and my car payment.

But she's a control freak and constantly trying to tell me what to do. She's also an extremely negative person, and it's so nice to be away from that.
  • Options
    My Parents & brother are so supportive. I really dont know what I would do with out them. My mom helps in anyway possible and with the baby coming  any day now my dad put my crib together and my brother bought the babys swing and bouncer and tons of toys. Plus I know im never alone and money wise my parents would help out in any way possible. Im very greatful for living with them. I know im going to come back home from the hospital and not have to worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only pros for me is no rent and finally being free from my ex. But everything else is a con. My mother tries to get me to raise ds her way and my dad yells at him before he even notices what he is actually trying to do. Sometimes I wish I never left my ex so I wouldn't have to put up with my parents but I know I wouldn't be better off with him. :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"