Parenting

Moms of girls with AG dolls....

How many outfits would you say you buy per year for your childs AG doll?  
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: Moms of girls with AG dolls....

• Our dd is still a newborn, but we have a doll for her that a family member purchased. (Samantha- before she was discontinued). We are tight on gifting, but I wouldn't see us doing any more than 2-3/year. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's what I think.....2, maybe 3 year (birthdays/Christmas), but when they get money from family members for birthdays or Christmas, maybe an extra one there with that money.
    ~Jen
    Married since 8.17.03
    Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

• Loading the player...
  • My niece buys knock-off clothes...she gets special actual AG outfits for her birthday/Christmas but any other time they just buy clothes that fit them or my mom sews some for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We gave DD her first AG doll Itty bitty baby for christmas, she loves, so we have not given her any new outfits, her birthday is at the end of the month, we will be giving her a new AG doll Mary Grace ( got her during the American Morning show special), we are also taking to eat at one of the store, maybe we'll get her some outfits while we are there. 
  • imageRichardsmom_817:
    That's what I think.....2, maybe 3 year (birthdays/Christmas), but when they get money from family members for birthdays or Christmas, maybe an extra one there with that money.

Just wanted to add- your family is adorable!!! :) 

• imageScout2005:
    I can't wait to buy DD an AG doll. I'm giddy over it.

I can't wait until DD is old enough for AG. I have a Samantha doll that I got for my 8th birthday. I still have all her outfits, bed, etc. I really want to take DD to the AG store when she gets older and do the tea party.  

• Confession: I never heard of AG dolls before the Bump.

ETA: I'd blame it on being Canadian, but every time I try to pull that card, Gimmietimmies or Hester or someone else proves me wrong, so...

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• None here yet.  I'm kinda terrified of her finding out about these dolls since they are crazy expensive, and we have a store in our city, so girls are ape shiz over them.  I just missed this craze when I was little.  I think the first books started getting popular when I was 2nd or 3rd grade, and I didn't have any dolls.  Barbie is still where it's at for me.  I can't wait to buy the first Barbie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahL77:

Confession: I never heard of AG dolls before the Bump.

ETA: I'd blame it on being Canadian, but every time I try to pull that card, Gimmietimmies or Hester or someone else proves me wrong, so...

There are also books that go along with the dolls. I think that between my sister and me, we had all of them until the company started retiring dolls and adding new ones. They are great for learning a little bit about all the different time periods.  

• imageSarahL77:
    Confession: I never heard of AG dolls before the Bump.ETA: I'd blame it on being Canadian, but every time I try to pull that card, Gimmietimmies or Hester or someone else proves me wrong, so...

I didn't know they existed until the bump.I saw a segment on a talk show once too but I can't remember which came first. I'm sure glad they aren't around here because outfits would probably go for 50 Canadian dollars.
  • I plan on taking DD to AG next year when she turns 4. She's still a little young now but I live only 20 minutes from an AG store. I cannot wait to take her to the tea party!
  • imageSarahL77:

dude, I know what these are! My cousins have collected them since the 80s. But I'll give you a pass, my cousins live near Windsor, so spitting distance to Detroit. 

We have Maplelea dolls, which are Canadian. Almost as pricey. We get about two to three outfits a year, and usually one is from Grandma. We have three right now. 

• imagegimmietimmies:
    imageSarahL77:

dude, I know what these are! My cousins have collected them since the 80s. But I'll give you a pass, my cousins live near Windsor, so spitting distance to Detroit. 

We have Maplelea dolls, which are Canadian. Almost as pricey. We get about two to three outfits a year, and usually one is from Grandma. We have three right now. 

I just googled Maplelea dolls. Yeah, never heard of them, either. Apparently I was just sheltered. All are adorable, though. I may need to get Nora one of each- AG and ML since she's both American and Canadian. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• They opened a store near me a few years ago, so that's convenient. But I'm kind of dreading the expense. I'm sure it's coming, but right now DD isn't into dolls, so that's good for now. 

I'm too old to have had any when I was young. LOL! 

• imageSarahL77:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imageSarahL77:

I just googled Maplelea dolls. Yeah, never heard of them, either. Apparently I was just sheltered. All are adorable, though. I may need to get Nora one of each- AG and ML since she's both American and Canadian. :)

I really like them, and I'm not a doll person. T has Taryn, E has Lexi, and K has Saila. My nieces all have the others. Since that happened, we were trying to figure out which one to get S, since it would be a duplicate, but they've introduced customizable ones, so she'll get something different when the time comes.
  • OP I love your siggy pics. Have you considered going to pic monkey and making a collage? Um, it might help make your siggy more normal sized. And not taking up half the page. Or just make them smaller and side by side. Stick out tongue

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• She gets about 4 outfits a year, but they are a combination of AG stuff and stuff from Joann's Fabrics. For Christmas she got AG ice skates and a knock off $5 jacket. She is into making her own clothes for her doll right now. My middle kid doesn't like AG, so nothing for her and we are giving the youngest a doll for her next birthday.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • imageKitiara5512:
    OP I love your siggy pics. Have you considered going to pic monkey and making a collage? Um, it might help make your siggy more normal sized. And not taking up half the page. Or just make them smaller and side by side. Stick out tongue

I switched off mobile site just to see and I second the siggy resize.

• I don't buy them. DD buys them with her own money or gets them as gifts. I hate that damn doll. 
  • imageSunDrop11:
    imageSarahL77:

There are also books that go along with the dolls. I think that between my sister and me, we had all of them until the company started retiring dolls and adding new ones. They are great for learning a little bit about all the different time periods.  

I like the books, I will buy those, but not the clothes and accessories. She just went to the store in New York the day after Christmas and spent $275 of gift cards she got from family and Santa {ok, I bought that!} so hopefully she doesn't need anything for awhile. 

• DD gets maybe one outfit a year.  Those dolls are so overpriced they disgust me and honestly, I've been treated so rudely by mothers in that store, I'm glad to rarely take DD there. 

Also, I haven't forgiven them for the bull-puckey written into the Kaya series. It's. . . well, it definitely perpetuates myths, that's for sure.

Still, my 10 year old still plays with dolls, and I guess I can begrudgingly thank AG for that.  But dang they're pricey.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"