January 2013 Moms

those having csections or those who may

just a tip...i just remembered as i was 'blindly grooming' myself this morning - either get waxed or shave the top bit of hair off your bits...

i remembered when i was in the hospital with DS1 and had an emerg csection so although i was prepared i wasn't thinking about having tape down there...they put a piece of gauze with surgical tape around it to cover the incision for the first day at least - i think i had it on for a couple days actually.

try thinking about taking off tape or a bandaid down there!!! keep the hair very short at least at the top of your pubic bone if you don't normally shave or wax.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: those having csections or those who may

• Thanks for the heads up!
  • My beautician warned me that one of her clients had only shaved down there and she got a terrible ingrown hair on her scar line that she eventually had to have it surgically removed. Her advice is to wax it properly rather than just shave it off. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You might ask your hospital too.  They shaved me where the incision area would be before my csection, so I didn't have to worry about that.  There's no way at this point I could do it myself effectively and waxing sounds ouchy. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This is great advice - thank you!

I just got waxed the other day in preparation, but more because I didn't want the nurses to do a "hatchet" job on shaving me and figured it would just be cleaner dealing with the postpartum bleeding and stuff. I didn't actually realize there would be tape down there...sounds super painful to take off if you still have any hair...ouch!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"