Maine Babies
Options

VBAC

Hi everyone,

I just found out i'm 6 weeks along with #2! We needed a CS for my first, but i'd rather deliver #2 naturally if possible - i didn't even get to experience a single contraction with #1, and as strange as it is, i really regret not feeling that pain... Trouble is, i'm up in Knox County and i've been told that no one around here will even consider doing a VBAC. Any suggestions for where i should go?

image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBAC

• Options
    I know that MMC does it in Portland, but I am not sure about anywhere in Knox County.  Sorry.
  • Options

Thanks, yeah we had our first app. with the dr. last week and she confirmed it for us, She said we will either need to go to Portland, or maybe Bangor, but she wasn't positive they do them there...good news is i don't have to start going down to portland until 32 weeks, but its still gonna be a huge pain in the butt. And my husband is freaked out about the 2 hour drive and wants me to stay down there starting a week before i'm due...how the heck i'm gonna do that i have no idea, with him working, a 2 1/2 year old, and no way to afford a hotel room for a night, let alone a week! sigh...i'm hoping it will all work out somehow though...The Dr. said i'm a good candidate at least, so that's good...fingers crossed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The birth center at mercy does them I am planning to vbac there with my second LO in December.
    ETA: mercy is in Portland

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah, Mercy is actually where we are planning on, too - I've been driving down for my appointments since 30 weeks. I have found all of the staff to be soooo supportive - very different from up here! Their VBAC success rate is off the charts too - i think it was 90 or 92% ! Good luck to you in december!

I've got about 2 weeks to go - so excited! Lol, DH & I are joking that we will be able to predict when LO will arrive because every time we have an appointment and need to make the drive down, it rains - so we are convinced that LO will either arrive on the one rainy day in an otherwise beautiful stretch of days, or the one sunny day in a week of rain :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"