Birth Stories
Options

An unexpected day.

Monday December 2, I went in for my weekly appointment I was 35 weeks pregnant and wasnt expecting anything out of the ordinary. What happened though was completely out of the ordinary. Turns out I had 3 protein in my urine and my blood pressure was slightly elevated. They ran a stress test on us and then took my blood to do a test. My doctor told me to go eat lunch and call in an hour to see if I need to be induced that day or not. If I didn't I was to do a 24 hour urine test the next day. Everything checked out and I did the 24 hour test on Tuesday and brought it back to the doctor Wednesday. I had a horrible headache and decided to go ahead and get my blood pressure checked. It was 168/98 and I had pitting edema, so I was induced right then.
I got to the hospital at 10:30 am and they placed in the iv and catheter and started me on magnesium. At 12 am they started me in pitocin. At 2 am they increased the dosage and at 6 am they broke my water. That's when the contractions actually started hurting. I got the epidural soon after and was great. I was able to sleep until I was dilated to 9, then I felt pressure and lots of it. Once pushing started I thought I was going to pass out from it. It was awful, I pushed him out in 6 pushes 11 minutes and ended have two 1st degree tears and needs stitches. My little boy was born 1:18 pm on Thursday, December 6.
After the birth I was so weak I was shaking and seeing double. I couldn't hold him and had to have DF hold him beside me so I could touch him and talk to him. I lost a lot of blood and fell asleep soon after. Once I awoke I got to hold my LO with help and breastfeed.
When I went back to the doctor a week after I have birth I was told I had 7 protein in my urine from the 24 hour test and was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. In the end it was all worth it in the end though.

Re: An unexpected day.

• Options
    Wow!  I'm sorry it went that way for you.  Congratulations on your LO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations :-))
  • Options
    Yikes, that's quite the story! congrats on your healthy LO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad everything went ok.  Congrats!

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    wow! I'm glad everything turned out ok! congrats!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"