February 2013 Moms
Options

Breast Pump through Insurance!!

So i just ordered my double electric breast pump through EdgePark. I called my insurance today, to see what companies were coverd through my Insuracnce (UnitedHealthcare) They gave me 3 different companies, with their numbers. I found 2 of them on websites. the 3rd was not helpful. So after finding the breast pumps, I realized that 1 of them I needed a perscription to get it. Which I could get, but It was the same pump as the other company that did not require a perscription. So i placed the order through the other company. They have to confirm my insurance, and then it should be here within a week or so. I actually feel pretty happy. The one that I got comes with a carrying bag, and is very small and discreet. Yippee for Insurance!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Breast Pump through Insurance!!

• Options

I ordered my pump through edgepark a few days ago.  I chose the Ameda Purely Yours.  My order is still pending, insurance and doctor approval, but I have approx 8 more weeks so I'm not in a huge rush

• Options
    Yay, that is exciting! My insurance (Aetna) says a pump will be covered, but I can't order it until after our LO is here.  I even have a prescription that states it is medically necessary, but they said nope... I have to wait! Oh well, I am just happy it will be covered at all :-) Let us know when yours gets here!
    Baby #1 Due 2/21/13!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just recently changed my insurance so it doesnt go in to affect till Jan 13. But they are also covering a breast bump.  I had a choice between the Ameda Purely yours or the manual Ameda.   After the 13th, I will be calling to place the order.  What a relief to have one less thing to worry about.
  • Options
    Which pump did you end up going with?  I also have United Healthcare and was given Edgeparks information to order from. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I keep meaning to do it. I just did it and ill have it within 14 days! It was so easy. Yay'

• Options
    I too have united, which pumps did you ladies choose?
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Bpaf Double Electric Breast Pump With Carrying Bag 

Is what it said, when I had checked previously It said Medela, and the picture shows a Medela Double electric freestyle pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I have united healthcare too, I got a medela double electric pump through Byram healthcare :D yay insurance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My insurance only covers if its medical or if the baby is in the nicu and ive been discharged.  
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options
    Yay! I have United Healthcare too and plan on calling my insurance company ASAP. Thanks for the reminder:)
  • Options

Just got off the phone ordering mine. We have Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Program. They will cover either an Ameda double electric or an Ameda manual pump and you have to order through CVS. The lady laughed when I said I wanted the double electric, she commented that no one is ordering the manual one...hmmm I wonder why!?!? :P Ordering was one of the easiest insurance related calls I've ever made.  she said it will arrive in about 14 days. Oh, and she also said it will also come with a carrying bad, two bottles and 150 bags and that you can re-order 150 bags every 3 months for free. 

• Options
    Have you received it yet? I ordered the same one and am wondering if it is enfact the freestyle....thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"