Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

SImilac Spit up

Is anyone using it? Did/does it help with your LO's spit up? Also, since it is thicker, do you find your LO eats less of it? Does the thickness cause any clogging issues or frustration over slow flow with a level 1 nipple?
imageimage

Re: SImilac Spit up

• Options

My DD used Similac with none of the problems you mentioned. She ate the same amount as she did Enfamil before we switched. She never had any spit-up issues with any formula, but she had much less gas with Similac.

So far, DS seems to be doing OK with Similac as well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We started with Gerber, since that's what we supplemented with in the hospital and DS did really well. Started using Similac today (because I got it free in the mail and we're still testing out formulas) and I do think he's having a harder time with it. He didn't even finish his usual amount without falling asleep and has spit up a little bit more than he did before.

I also don't really like how it bubbles in the bottle, which is something the Gerber formula didn't do at all. We are using Playtex Ventair bottles and Tommee Tippee and he drinks a lot better from Playtex Ventair, I guess because the nipple is different. Both are slow-flow, just Tommee Tippee is more like an actual nipple.

Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLSU628:
    Is anyone using it? Did/does it help with your LO's spit up? Yes and it was the only thing he keeps down.

Also, since it is thicker, do you find your LO eats less of it? Meh, he seemed on track with everybody else

Does the thickness cause any clogging issues or frustration over slow flow with a level 1 nipple? Yes it took me a few bottles to figure this out, but I just opened them up with a knife. I havent changed the flow at all. Im not sure what size you need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"