TheBump.com - the inside scoop on pregnancy.
Get The Bump magazine >
You're almost there. Log in if you're a member or join now to connect to Facebook.
Request a new password
popular: ovulation calculator
Find your most fertile days and start TTC >>
moms love: pregnancy calendar
Count down to delivery with your calendar >>
moms love: your baby this week
Sign up to receive weekly updates on your baby >>
moms love: baby name finder
Search through 1000s of baby names >>
moms love: personalized tickers
Track TTC, pregnancy, or baby's age >>
moms love: pregnancy week by week
Let us guide you along week-by-week!)
Hello fellow dads,
I'm new to this site and having my first child at 40! I'm very excited, yet nervous at the same time. Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome! Mazal tov! Best advice I can give is for you to learn the following words: "Sweetie, you are pregnant and beautiful." Or something similar. Note: It is imperative that you actually mean it.
My wife is still a few days away from her due date, so I'm right there with you on the nervous and excited.
Welcome to the board!
Advise for the pregnancy:
- Pick up extra tasks around the house to allow your wife to relax more.
- If she's tired (which will happen), allow her to rest.
- Tell her she's beautiful. Pay her compliments often... mean them.
- You won't be able to relate to what she's going through, don't try, just say you are sorry that she feels bad, etc.
- Be an engaged dad, read, go to appointments (at least the big ones).
Congrats and Welcome!
Bit of advice, just be involved and active...you would be amazed how many dads are not and how much women talk. Be the exception!