August 2013 Moms

Am I Overreacting?

My DH is insisting that we start using condoms again while I am pregnant. I guess his mom and his cousin has told him that I will probably get pregnant right after I have the baby if we don't use condoms while I am pregnant. Am I overreacting by being so upset by this? I would rather not use them, but  what can I do? He is so paranoid about me getting pregnant again as soon as we have our baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Am I Overreacting?

• imagemegnallen:
    My DH is insisting that we start using condoms again while I am pregnant. I guess his mom and his cousin has told him that I will probably get pregnant right after I have the baby if we don't use condoms while I am pregnant. Am I overreacting by being so upset by this? I would rather not use them, but  what can I do? He is so paranoid about me getting pregnant again as soon as we have our baby.

This makes no sense.....

• After you have the baby would make sense but not while you are pregnant. I don't get the thought process behind that.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • Loading the player...
  • It doesn't make any sense to me either. I try to tell him it's pointless to use condoms while pregnant but his mother told him that I will become pregnant right after the baby if we don't.....

• imageWashingtonQueen:

imagemegnallen:

This makes no sense.....

I agree. It's not like the sperm will live in there for months. And you aren't supposed to have sex for 6 weeks poatpartum anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemegnallen:
    It doesn't make any sense to me either. I try to tell him it's pointless to use condoms while pregnant but his mother told him that I will become pregnant right after the baby if we don't.....

To be honest, his mother sounds like a complete idiot. Huh?

• That is completely ridiculous. 1 sperm won't live that long. 2 I'm pretty sure there's a nothing in the vagina rule for at least six weeks post partum as well.

There is zero reason for you to use condoms right now. Your MIL is stupid.

If you absolutely hate condoms you should look into getting an IUD after you have the baby.
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Sounds like the perfect question to ask your doctor the next time you guys go. Some people will not believe unless they hear it from a doctor. That is a little crazy, though. I am always amazed how illinformed people are the ones that want to give advice the most.
    photo fb29a895-732c-493b-b5f1-15ac16bff5b5_zps53c7f13d.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageanvloveskme:
    I'm calling MUD

I mean there can't be any other logical explanation for this stupidity...
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    imageanvloveskme:
    I'm calling MUD
    . Yet still not as good as the blow drying the vag scare on July 2013 BMB
  • imageJulieturner507:
    Sounds like the perfect question to ask your doctor the next time you guys go. Some people will not believe unless they hear it from a doctor. That is a little crazy, though. I am always amazed how illinformed people are the ones that want to give advice the most.

Completely agree, have your doctor convince him that way it won't be a battle between MIL's opinion and yours. 

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who's dumb enough to believe this anyway.
  • Not overreacting at all. I would be upset too! Bring it up at our next doctors appointment in front of DH so the doctor can address it! There is no way that I would be okay with using condoms at this point! GL 
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Lol
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • If this isn't MUD, then you have the dumbest MIL on the planet and I question your husband's intelligence for believing such ridiculousness.
  • imagemegaboosmom:
    I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who's dumb enough to believe this anyway.

Haha! So true!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • This can't be real. If it is, your husband, his mother and his cousin need a remedial biology class immediately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You have 32 weeks (give or take) until the baby is born. I think it's weird that he insists on wearing them while you are pregnant, but I can see him wanting to start using them once the baby is born.  Using them now makes no sense.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepeanut+muse:
    If this isn't MUD, then you have the dumbest MIL on the planet and I question your husband's intelligence for believing such ridiculousness.

yep

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imagepeanutmuse:
    If this isn't MUD, then you have the dumbest MIL on the planet and I question your husband's intelligence for believing such ridiculousness.

This.
  • It makes sense. not so you dont get pregnant again its so YH doesnt impregnate your baby. You dont want your baby born pregnant! do you?!!?
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepkaren:
    That is completely ridiculous. 1 sperm won't live that long. 2 I'm pretty sure there's a nothing in the vagina rule for at least six weeks post partum as well. There is zero reason for you to use condoms right now. Your MIL is stupid. If you absolutely hate condoms you should look into getting an IUD after you have the baby.

Actually there is a rule for most patients after giving vaginal birth that you do not have sex for 6 weeks post partum.

Please educate yourself on birth and after birth before releasing misinformation on the board. For many women this is their first pregnancy and birth. This is my 3rd. So I have done the birth thing a few times.

• imagebakes4u:

imagepkaren:
    That is completely ridiculous. 1 sperm won't live that long. 2 I'm pretty sure there's a nothing in the vagina rule for at least six weeks post partum as well. There is zero reason for you to use condoms right now. Your MIL is stupid. If you absolutely hate condoms you should look into getting an IUD after you have the baby.

Actually there is a rule for most patients after giving vaginal birth that you do not have sex for 6 weeks post partum.

Please educate yourself on birth and after birth before releasing misinformation on the board. For many women this is their first pregnancy and birth. This is my 3rd. So I have done the birth thing a few times.

Whoops sorry read that wrong hahaha! I thought you meant you are allowed to have sex during post partum

Damn pregnancy brain!

Sorry poster!

• imagepeanut+muse:

This! 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• This made my head hurt for the sheer stupidity.
    imageimageimageimage

• imagebakes4u:

imagepkaren:
    That is completely ridiculous. 1 sperm won't live that long. 2 I'm pretty sure there's a nothing in the vagina rule for at least six weeks post partum as well.

If you absolutely hate condoms you should look into getting an IUD after you have the baby.

I think you misunderstood her post. You are repeating exacting what she said... nothing in the vagina for at least 6 weeks post partum.

The phrase, nothing in the vagina, is inclusive of no sex.
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • imageamarissa85:
    This made my head hurt for the sheer stupidity.

Agree.  

• Happy New Year!!!!!

imageimageimage
  • <Insert side eye smiley here>
  • imagemegaboosmom:
    I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who's dumb enough to believe this anyway.

This!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagehungryhippo:
    imagebakes4u:

imagepkaren:

I think you misunderstood her post. You are repeating exacting what she said... nothing in the vagina for at least 6 weeks post partum. The phrase, nothing in the vagina, is inclusive of no sex.

Did you read my post after that post?

• So what you are telling us is that your husband is cheating on you and doesn't want to expose you and the baby to his new girlfriend's STD's. Gotcha.

MUD. 

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• imageanvloveskme:
    imageCaliforniaDream87:
    imageanvloveskme:
    I'm calling MUD
    . Yet still not as good as the blow drying the vag scare on July 2013 BMB

Link?

• imageScarletOflaherty:
    So what you are telling us is that your husband is cheating on you and doesn't want to expose you and the baby to his new girlfriend's STD's. Gotcha.nbsp;MUD.nbsp;

I agree. Something else is up.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • imagebakes4u:
    imagehungryhippo:
    imagebakes4u:

imagepkaren:
    That is completely ridiculous. 1 sperm won't live that long. 2 I'm pretty sure there's a nothing in the vagina rule for at least six weeks post partum as well.

I think you misunderstood her post. You are repeating exacting what she said... nothing in the vagina for at least 6 weeks post partum.

The phrase, nothing in the vagina, is inclusive of no sex.

Did you read my post after that post?

No, your post was the last one on the thread at the time. I think you and I must have been posting at the same time. Sorry about that!
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • It's Tuesday! Happy New year!

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• imagepurplepeanut6:
    It makes sense. not so you dont get pregnant again its so YH doesnt impregnate your baby. You dont want your baby born pregnant! do you?!!?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA
    IAmPregnantTicker
  • imageScarletOflaherty:
    So what you are telling us is that your husband is cheating on you and doesn't want to expose you and the baby to his new girlfriend's STD's. Gotcha.nbsp;MUD.nbsp;

This is exactly what I was thinking! Something's fishy here.....

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • imageCharmedBAcMF:
    It's Tuesday! Happy New year!

Party!!!

• First of all, no. Just... no.

Second of all, why is your MIL commenting on your and your H's sex life, anyway? I find that a little creepy.

image image
    10/10/2010
    TTC Since May 2011
    DX: Subclinical Hypothyroidism
    BFP #1: 11/21/2011. EDD: 8/4/2012. Missed M/C & D&C at 11w6d: 1/20/2012.
    BFP #2: 5/24/2012. EDD: 2/2/2013. Natural M/C at 6w0d: 6/9/2012.
    BFP #3: 12/6/2012. EDD: 8/19/2013. Missed M/C at 9w0d: 1/14/2013.
    BFP #4: 4/20/2013. EDD: 1/1/2014. Born at 36w3d: 12/7/2013
    BFP #5: 3/25/2015: EDD: 12/8/2015.
    Lilypie - (IDGc)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"