2nd Trimester
Options

A Numbing Pain in My Back

Hello,

I'm 19W and I'm having a numbing pain on my right side of my back. Has anyone felt this? Should I see the doctor immediately? Thanks for all the input.

Re: A Numbing Pain in My Back

• Options

Is it your low back?  Sciatic nerve inflammation is very common in pregnancy and can cause pain and numbness.  Back pain is not a medical emergency unless you can no longer walk or have loss of bowel or bladder control.  Of course if you're having cramping along with bleeding, then you should see a doctor.  Try Tylenol, heat, rest, and sleeping with a pillow between your knees.  GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're fine
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would make an appointment to see your regular doctor. Numbness indicates a problem with a nerve, and it will probably only get worse for waiting a while. If it is sciatica, you can get a referral to a PT to help control pain/numbness.
  • Options
    I would drink tons of water and change my position to see if that helped before I did anything. Being even slightly dehydrated can cause all sorts of interesting pains and discomforts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JaneDoe968 Thanks so much for your input. I have been drinking loads of water!
  • Options
    @hogrefea Yes, my where what we call the "trunk" of the back. I'm not having any loss of bowel or bladder control and not cramping or bleeding. I future just got me a boppy. Thanks so much the info
  • Options
    @PepperBug I will look into that. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"