February 2013 Moms

Monday *Movement (formally running) check in!

Hey Ladies,

Because our numbers of "runners" has greatly decreased, it seemed that I needed to change the focus of these posts!  How is everyone moving these days??  What are you doing to keep moving?  Running?  Walking?  Elliptical?  Yoga?  Weights?  All of the above?   What keeps you going with your exercise, now that we are getting farther along and working out seems to be so much more difficult?

I have been mostly walking, but did manage to sneak in a 1/2 mile jog on both Christmas Eve and today followed by 1.5 mile walk.  Other than that, I have been woefully lazy besides tottering around the house. I have visions of doing squats and yoga, but that hasn't seemed to happen yet... 

Re: Monday *Movement (formally running) check in!

• Still working out on a pretty regular basis and honestly it makes me feel great!  I am teaching aerobic classes 3X a week (spin, cardio kick, and weight training). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the last couple of weeks I'd pretty much slowed to just walking, with a few running intervals here and there.  But after tons of contractions this weekend Dr. Hubby has restricted me to pretty much nothing for a least a week or two.  :(  I'm not taking it well.  I've loved staying active this pregnancy, and I think I'm going to go nuts if I can't even walk on the treadmill.  But obviously baby is my priority.  Oy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been walking around the park behind our house, but if it is too cold or nasty out we go to the mall. Kinda nice just to get out of the house for a bit no matter where we go. I was doing some back exercises to help curb the back pain, but I have been slacking on those lately.
  • I'm continuing to take flow yoga at least three days per week and the elliptical twice a week. I'm usually very active and definitely notice myself slowing down as its getting harder to move. I also feel like my face is starting to look chubbier and am not happy about this:(  I can't wait for this little one to arrive and to get back to my regular workout routine eventually! 
  • I am still making it to the gym 5-6 days a week, and I attempt to run 3-4 days a week.  Today was a run day for me, and I only got a mile and a half in because the pressure was too much.  When I can't run I do spin or the elliptical.  I am trying to stay as active as I can the last few weeks as I was extremely active before I became pregnant and am hoping being active helps with labor :)
  • Elliptical, 30 mins. x 3 this week!  Somehow, I feel great on the elliptical - don't really notice any pressure, and just feel easy in my movements.  Granted, I'm not going terribly fast (only like 3.5-4 mph) but I guess that's better than nothing.  Then, one day I thought I'd mix it up and go for a brisk 2 mile walk instead.  For some reason - that brought on 1-2 contractions that were intense enough to make me have to stop/slow down and breathe.  I cut the walk short and headed right home - and the ctx stopped right away.  Shrug!
    DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"