March 2012 Moms

Crib Rail Protectors

So, I just want to say a big thanks to whomever it was that posted the link for diy crib rail protectors a while ago.  It feels like overnight my dd has figured out how to pull up onto her knees, and then the sweet novelty of Oooo I can chew on the crib rails.  lol.  So, momma here has quickly found a rarely used fleece blanket in the hall closet and swiftly made a crib rail protector.  I just can't imagine having teeth marks up and down the beautiful crib that is supposed to last her years and year and years..So, just thanks, it's saved my bacon this morning.  The diy was so quick 'n easy that I made it after hers and my breakie, laundry, and then put her down for her morning nap.  Saved me money and a trip to the store.  
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Crib Rail Protectors

• OooO I will have to look into that! Didn't even cross my mind!!! Thanks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was me. You're welcome. Smile

We have this no sew fleece blanket we got from the hospital but it is a weird size and un-knots itself when I wash it. Will be turning it into a crib rail protector this week.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012 ~ TTC #2: Started 4/2014

• image countrygrl5533:

It was me. You're welcome. Smile

We have this no sew fleece blanket we got from the hospital but it is a weird size and un-knots itself when I wash it. Will be turning it into a crib rail protector this week.

Correction. Taking a break from my massive to do list today to make some now. Just went in to lay DD back down for her nap and found some major gouges she just made. So annoyed right now.

• I'd love a link to this please! 

• image countrygrl5533:
    image countrygrl5533:

Correction. Taking a break from my massive to do list today to make some now. Just went in to lay DD back down for her nap and found some major gouges she just made. So annoyed right now.

:(  That royally stinks!  Sorry for your downer.  I guess I owe you the big thanks!  So thank you Countrygrl.  I really truly appreciate it.  My little chipmunk would make quick work of the dark brown wood I have no doubt.   

• image Excited30:

image LuckyMarley:
    I'd love a link to this please! 

http://momrhapsody.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/diy-crib-rail-cover/ 

Thank you!!! Runs to go check it out...

• image Excited30:
    image countrygrl5533:
    image countrygrl5533:

:(  That royally stinks!  Sorry for your downer.  I guess I owe you the big thanks!  So thank you Countrygrl.  I really truly appreciate it.  My little chipmunk would make quick work of the dark brown wood I have no doubt.   

I took a pic of the worst of the 4 spots. I really ought to upload it. She only started pulling up yesterday but has made a mess of the crib already. She ended up getting up and played for an hour so I could make the things. But now it is all covered and fine now. Smile

• image countrygrl5533:
    image Excited30:
    image countrygrl5533:
    image countrygrl5533:

I took a pic of the worst of the 4 spots. I really ought to upload it. She only started pulling up yesterday but has made a mess of the crib already. She ended up getting up and played for an hour so I could make the things. But now it is all covered and fine now. Smile

Our girls are right on cue with each other..share the same bdays, so it's no wonder.  I watched my dd clear as day, pull herself up in the crib for the first time (just onto her knees so far) and first thing she went and did was lay her teeth right on the wood.  I knew then that it was a job that couldn't wait.  Even when I had her sitting on the floor in her bedroom playing, while I worked, she was trying to chew on the wood of the rocking stool.  Little chipmunks I tell you.  Taking over our homes.  I'm glad that you got the task done.  My cover's pale pink, what colors yours? 
  • image Excited30:
    Our girls are right on cue with each other..share the same bdays, so it's no wonder.  I watched my dd clear as day, pull herself up in the crib for the first time (just onto her knees so far) and first thing she went and did was lay her teeth right on the wood.  I knew then that it was a job that couldn't wait.  Even when I had her sitting on the floor in her bedroom playing, while I worked, she was trying to chew on the wood of the rocking stool.  Little chipmunks I tell you.  Taking over our homes.  I'm glad that you got the task done.  My cover's pale pink, what colors yours? 

Blue on one side and blue with ducks on the ends. It was the blanket the hospital gave us. Never really liked it so no problem cutting it up. lol. It was such a strange size too. And the two sides always came un-knotted so it was the whole reason I kept it anyway. We have been so busy but I wish I had taken the time to do it before she destroyed her crib. She made fast work of it though! Smile

• Thanks Excited for bringing this back up, I searched and couldn't find it. Also to Countrygirl.
  • image take5:
    Thanks Excited for bringing this back up, I searched and couldn't find it. Also to Countrygirl.

You're welcome