January 2011 Moms

table and chairs?

Hi everyone! Happy new year! I haven't been on in a while, but have a question:

Has anyone gotten a table and chair set for their toddlers?  DD sits at a table for meals at daycare and she's really hating the highchair now. Also, there are times when she's coloring or doing other things that I think she'd like to be sitting a table for.

We found a nice wood table with 2 chairs at BBB for $90 (before coupon). I've also seen tons of the folding tables with 2 chairs for around $30.

I'm trying to decide if there's a reason to get the wood one. I like the look better (and I don't like that the folding ones all have characters on them.) I suspect she'll use it for at least a few years, and then hopefully we'll be able to use it with our next kid(s). Do the folding tables last long?

Any input appreciated!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: table and chairs?

• We actually have a small picnic table. For the life of me I cant find a link to one online. But its wood, and has lady bugs on it. Sits 4 toddlers comfortably.  My mom got her this, and I would honestly prefer it better than a table and chairs because its super easy for me to scoop it up from the living room if we want to color or do a project- into the dining room to eat, or outside in the summer to snack on.  Then Im not lugging the chairs or whatever too. Easier in my mind too because then she is not constantly scooting the chairs somewhere else to climb on.

Just a thought!

• So we just got the wood table. My friend said that she still has hers from when she was a kid and plans to pass it on to her LOs when they have space for it and that was a compelling argument.

Your point about scooping the whole thing up together is a really good one. We're in an apartment with no balcony though so it's not going to travel far.

Your point about her moving the chairs all over to climb on things is a great point and not one I thought about before putting the table together. It's going to be a major problem. That said, we have stepstools anyway (so she can reach the bathroom sink and so I can reach things in the kitchen) and she's been dragging them all over the house anyway. She'll get a couple of more inches on the chairs, which is significant, but I probably just have to leave with it. Crap.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Im sure it will work good!! A table and chairs probably looks way nicer anyways!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"